• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lack of turnovers and sacks

CousinRicky

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,860
  • Days Won:  109

Is this something anyone else is worried about?  I know we are 2-0, but I believe we forced 1 TO (a pick) against that powerhouse UTM and didn't create any against another powerhouse, UCiF, last night. 

Also, Zero sacks last night?  Seemed like we were chasing him all over last night.  Were the stats in the paper correct this morning?  Whichever team played UCF last week had a couple I believe.  How did we not get any?  Selvie worked his butt off being double teamed all night. 

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Is this something anyone else is worried about?  I know we are 2-0, but I believe we forced 1 TO (a pick) against that powerhouse UTM and didn't create any against another powerhouse, UCiF, last night. 

Also, Zero sacks last night?  Seemed like we were chasing him all over last night.  Were the stats in the paper correct this morning?  Whichever team played UCF last week had a couple I believe.  How did we not get any?  Selvie worked his butt off being double teamed all night. 

lots of 3 step drops and roll outs.  DB's need to key in on this strategy to take our rush out of the game and jump on a few slants.  might need some blitzing from the edge to punish on roll outs

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i have been extremely worried about his too..  we barely had sacks vs tenn-martin... now we get zero vs UCF?

selvie is getting mauled by multiple blockers every play. the rest of the guys need to step their game up...

• Content Count:  210

Sacks apparently aren't a good way to judge how a lineman pressures a QB because Selvie was all over the place last night. He never quite got a sack, but he was disrupting the hell out of stuff up front and had Greco running east and west against our speed defense which autmatically meant advantage:us.

I was more so impressed with Ty-Mac than anyone last night. He is a brick wall.

• Content Count:  1,648

Are you guys serious? Sacks are about as telling as saves for a relief pitcher. Its just an inflated stat total. How many throws was greco actualy able to make where he wasnt running for his life? Maybe 4? Three of which came at the end of the game. As for the turnovers thats some what luck some skill. We had 3 or 4 chances for a pick but just missed them. We will pick it up

• Content Count:  1,894

I thought are dline was pressuring the hell out of them. REMEMBER. We are only rushing four. The double team on selvie but he was everywhere. Buie was everywhere. He almost had two sacks. The tackles were great. I thought we just needed to blitz from our corners or linebackers. We let greco run to much,. He can only make a play on the run. We needed to blitz the roll out instead of being content with containing. We also dropped like two or three picks in that game. I think we need to stop that stupid wr in motion for 6 yards.

• Content Count:  849

I thought are dline was pressuring the hell out of them. REMEMBER. We are only rushing four. The double team on selvie but he was everywhere. Buie was everywhere. He almost had two sacks. The tackles were great. I thought we just needed to blitz from our corners or linebackers. We let greco run to much,. He can only make a play on the run. We needed to blitz the roll out instead of being content with containing. We also dropped like two or three picks in that game. I think we need to stop that stupid wr in motion for 6 yards.

I think we were playing Vanilla on defense. If you look at the tape, I don't think we blitzed more than once. It makes sense since Kansas is coming up on Friday. Offensively we ran one end around and we starting getting a little predictable with the runs, but I don't think we opened up the whole playbook, We'll see how we come out this week against Kansas.

• Content Count:  2,461

Some of those fights Selvie was putting up were outstanding.

Remember when O'Liar said he wasn't going to double?????

Can't wait for this Friday.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

our defense  is  not as good as last years

our linebackers are playing that good

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

didnt see the pressure  you are talking about

Archived