• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hilarious Story from the Roadie

ABullAboveAnyOther

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Had to share... My wife and I drove over to Orlando early Saturday morning.  We met up with a couple friends of ours at the Radisson UCF a couple miles away from campus.  When we arrived at the Radisson we noticed a large gathering in the parking lot, as we got closer we realized it was UCiF's entire squad conducting a walk through.  Of course we were flying a couple of USF flags on my suv, so the entire unit watched as I took my time backing into a parking spot as close to them as I could get.  So we get out and are in the process of getting our bags out of the trunk and a coaching assistant jogs over to us.  As he gets closer he starts yelling what do you think you are doing?  My response was pretty simple “getting my bags.†The guy then tells me I need to move my truck, so I of course asked why…  Seriously his exact quote was “Our coach is superstitious and said you were interrupting his concentration…†At this point I was laughing almost uncontrollable thinking this had to be a joke.  He looks me right in the eyes and says I am not joking move your car now…  I responded back if he has the stamina to walk over here and ask me himself I will consider it.  >:D  The guy turned around shrugged his shoulders and walked back to his team seriously dejected.  Honestly one of the funniest sports moments ever…  To cap this story off after the game was over and we got back to the hotel my wife in full green and gold encountered O’Liar once again this time sitting in his car outside the entrance to the hotel.  She waited in the lobby to see if he would come in, but he just sat there.  Great weekend and I am seriously happy to be done with those guys. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Had to share... My wife and I drove over to Orlando early Saturday morning.  We met up with a couple friends of ours at the Radisson UCF a couple miles away from campus.  When we arrived at the Radisson we noticed a large gathering in the parking lot, as we got closer we realized it was UCiF's entire squad conducting a walk through.  Of course we were flying a couple of USF flags on my suv, so the entire unit watched as I took my time backing into a parking spot as close to them as I could get.  So we get out and are in the process of getting our bags out of the trunk and a coaching assistant jogs over to us.  As he gets closer he starts yelling what do you think you are doing?  My response was pretty simple “getting my bags.†The guy then tells me I need to move my truck, so I of course asked why…  Seriously his exact quote was “Our coach is superstitious and said you were interrupting his concentration…†At this point I was laughing almost uncontrollable thinking this had to be a joke.  He looks me right in the eyes and says I am not joking move your car now…  I responded back if he has the stamina to walk over here and ask me himself I will consider it.  >:D  The guy turned around shrugged his shoulders and walked back to his team seriously dejected.  Honestly one of the funniest sports moments ever…  To cap this story off after the game was over and we got back to the hotel my wife in full green and gold encountered O’Liar once again this time sitting in his car outside the entrance to the hotel.  She waited in the lobby to see if he would come in, but he just sat there.  Great weekend and I am seriously happy to be done with those guys. 

Good story.  You should have told him that you are superstitious too and it's a game day ritual for you.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great story.  ;D

• Content Count:  7,560
  • Days Won:  10

UCF supposedly has all these great facilities and they're doing a walk-through at a Radisson parking lot?

UCF supposedly has all these great facilities and they're doing a walk-through at a Radisson parking lot?

I was wondering the same thing when we saw them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,177
  • Days Won:  429

I was wondering the same thing when we saw them.

They obviously have Radisson confused with Holiday inn Express ...

• Content Count:  3,696
  • Days Won:  2

You should've walked back out of the hotel with a pen and pad and acted like you were taking notes and scouting.  That would have been classic.  Or better yet, grabbed a camera and started snapping pics. 

You should've walked back out of the hotel with a pen and pad and acted like you were taking notes and scouting.  That would have been classic.  Or better yet, grabbed a camera and started snapping pics. 

My wife snapped a pic or two, when I get them loaded I will post here on the board....

• Content Count:  1,370

You know what really would've annoyed them: If you'd broken out the cow bells and jingled them for their entire walk through.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,251

wow i kind of feel bad for o leary.....just sitting in his car.....whos knows how long he sat there just thinking about what he should have done differently.....

Archived