• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Thought

IncrediBULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

No, I'm not a fan of OCS and have always been a RJS fan.  I like our current venue.

However, after watching college gameday today at UF, I was a little jealous.  We cannot have students leave their housing and go to a college gameday on our campus as our stadium is not ours and not on campus. 

The UF kids looked like they were having a lot of fun.  If we ever made it to top 10 for a period of weeks, it is doubtful we woudl be chosen mostly due to our off campus RJS. 

Just a thought.  It is an intangible and not worth the cost to get one considering what we woudl give up, but it was a thought.

I would not want to compromise like BHNS on UCF campus if we built one, but not sure how I feel about OCS now...

• Content Count:  113
  • Days Won:  0

No, I'm not a fan of OCS and have always been a RJS fan.  I like our current venue.

However, after watching college gameday today at UF, I was a little jealous.  We cannot have students leave their housing and go to a college gameday on our campus as our stadium is not ours and not on campus. 

The UF kids looked like they were having a lot of fun.  If we ever made it to top 10 for a period of weeks, it is doubtful we woudl be chosen mostly due to our off campus RJS. 

Just a thought.  It is an intangible and not worth the cost to get one considering what we woudl give up, but it was a thought.

I would not want to compromise like BHNS on UCF campus if we built one, but not sure how I feel about OCS now...

I disagree, they went to the Georgia Dome last week and to Arrowhead last year for Kansas/Mizzou.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The UCF students looked like they were enjoying themselves too... And having the dorms right next to the stadium and Basketball arena created one heck of an atmosphere... I too love RJS... but found myself thinking of what could be...

• Content Count:  498

Today was my first time and hopefully last to BHN.  If an OCS is anything like that then no thanks.  I had no idea where to park (why are there no clear signs coming down university blvd?), ended up having to walk a long way, along with many others.  A needed a beer so bad when finally getting there just to learn that you cannot get a beer there as it is school property.  While it was a loud atmosphere, I missed RJS soooo bad with its ample parking, drink options, and seat backs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

While I understand I'll be in the minority, it was kind of nice not to have beer at the stadium... Less drunken stupidity in the stands... The lemonade was also spectacular.

• Content Count:  498

I do agree partly.  I could only imagine all the UCF fans leaving drunk, they were jerks as is.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

An OCS would be nice until you graduate and forget the rules of parking on campus. Assuming USF's Parking Services division hasn't changed since I left, they would be rolling in the dough from the tickets they could write on game day.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

While I understand I'll be in the minority, it was kind of nice not to have beer at the stadium... Less drunken stupidity in the stands... The lemonade was also spectacular.

there was plenty of liquor and rum bottles in the bathrooms....

• Content Count:  214

If the disgusting mess was an indication of what football looks like at an OCS, I think the university would be better served not to have one. Maybe it was just because its "how UCF fan rolls", but they turned what appeared to be an appealing campus into a veritable cess pool.

And yeah, the traffic flow and parking situation were the most convoluted and ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You'd have sworn there were 350,000 people attempting to drive to and park for that game. In reality, there were what, 35,000? Terrible. We left Valrico, FL (east end of Brandon, if you don't know where Valrico is) at 4pm......we arrived in our seats just after the national anthem. JOKE.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Quote from: Southshore26 on Today at 02:51:32 AM

there was plenty of liquor and rum bottles in the bathrooms....

That rum bottle was mine ;D ;D

Archived