• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A win is a win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

It was ugly, but it was a road game and UCF had a ton of motivation. Great game, but the result is sure to drop the Bulls national perception for now.

• Content Count:  1,370

Yeah, there's that old saying, "I'd rather have an ugly win, than a pretty loss."

• Content Count:  86

In the past two seasons, a lot of highly ranked teams have been knocked off by unranked teams, we see it every week in college football.  So, lets take a moment in our moaning and groaning that we didn't win by 50,000 points, to say, "Hey, we won. We didn't get upset like so many other teams have."

UCF played their guts out, they made some plays, and made a helluva game out of it despite being outgained in total yards by a hefty margin.  This is the current defending conference USA champs, and a team thats only lost 1 game at home, in a heavily contested game against Texas. 

USF now can add their name to the short list of teams that have walked into BHNS and won.

Yeah, we have problems, and yeah it took overtime, but lets look at the whole..we went 4-0 against UCF in a 4 game series.

It also goes to show, really, how good USF is at home. 

Now we have Kansas coming to town, I think you'll see a 100% different USF team. The fans will be here for USF, and we'll be playing in our own backyard. 

So, lets just take 1 moment and give a loud 4-0  GOOOO BULLS! 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

that was ********!!!!!!!!!!!

No way should that game ever have come down to "I hope they didn't get that first down in overtime."

A mere 14 pt lead with a Qtr to go and we start trying to run the clock out?

The only knock I have ever had on Leavitt, he often takes his foot off the gas way too soon.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

that was ********!!!!!!!!!!!

No way should that game ever have come down to "I hope they didn't get that first down in overtime."

A mere 14 pt lead with a Qtr to go and we start trying to run the clock out?

The only knock I have ever had on Leavitt, he often takes his foot off the gas way too soon.

Yeah... but it wasn't until Leavitt tried to put his foot back ON the gas that everything went to hell.

• Content Count:  1,142

Good for you, CCC!  I totally expected to come home and read negative posts about the game because I know how this board works.  I also expceted to see a few more positive posts!  I mean, we WON for the 4th and FINAL time against UCF!!!  Yea, we had problems, but thank goodness this series is over and WE WON!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If I'm not mistaken we are 1 of only 2 BigEast teams without a loss. I will take every overtime win that we get. I prefer that we perform better, but if we win every game from now on in OT, that will be fine with me.

• Content Count:  32

I have to say that while I saw many things that worried me about our team tonight, I, too, take a win to the bank anytime. It was tough to watch at times, but we won. And we did it in their house with their 12th man much, much louder than ours. If we're only the second team to do that then we're in pretty good company.

Never underestimate any opponent, and never ever begrudgingly take a win...overtime or regulation. We won. We're 2-0. We're still standing and I'm proud of our Bulls!

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We played well for most of the 55 mins, team has to learn to finsh other teams and not let them back in the game.

Hopefully they can learn from this game that.

To many people expected us to walk into there home and trounce them, that was going to never happen on the road in a game

where both teams hate each other.

We are ranked, 2-0 and have a big game at home vs Kansas and for that I am happy.

Archived