• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Women’s Soccer: Bulls Hit the Road for the First Time in 2008

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,413
  • Days Won:  472

Courtesy USF:

USF Women’s Soccer: Bulls Hit the Road for the First Time in 2008

TAMPA(8/27/08) - The University of South Florida will hit the road for the first time in their young 2008 season. Coming off a double overtime 1-1 tie against North Florida, the Bulls head north for a pair of non-conference road games against UAB and Vanderbilt, August 29 and 31.

USF will start the weekend Friday Aug. 29 at 5 p.m. against former Conference USA rival UAB. The Bulls are quite familiar as this is the 10th meeting all time; however the Blazers hold a 6-2-1 lead in the series. The Blazers return seven starters and 14 letter winners, from a team that went 9-8-1 in 2007.

The Blazers come into Friday’s game 0-2-0, as they fell victim to consecutive 1-0 losses at Clemson and at Auburn. In their two games the Blazers have tallied 23 shots, 10 of which were on goal. Goalkeeper Kate Blankenship has been impressive stopping 17 shots while playing all 180 minutes in goal

Next, USF will continue its trip north to Nashville, Tenn., to take on the Commodores of Vanderbilt for the first meeting ever between the two schools.

Vanderbilt is 1-0-0 this season. In their season opener, the Commodores needed double overtime to beat cross-city rival Belmont, 1-0. The Commodores will be taking on Middle Tennessee State on Friday. Freshman Catherine Wearn, in her first collegiate game, scored the game winner in the second extra session. Much like the Bulls in their opener, The Commodores dominated the shot totals by firing 41 shots, 19 on goal, compared to Belmont’s six.

The Bulls started off fast against the Lady Ospreys in their season opener as freshman Chelsea Klotz netted her first collegiate goal on her first career shot. In a game where USF out shot the opposition 28-3, the Bulls had numerous near misses as they were inches away from scoring game winning goals through out the second half and overtime.

Live stats will be available for both games. For the UAB game, go to UABSports.com and for the Vanderbilt game go to VUComodores.com. Go to GoUSFBulls.com for all your women’s soccer needs. Be sure to check out the Photo Gallery from the North Florida game and purchase photos from the Photo Store at GoUSFBulls.com.

After this road trip, the Bulls will be on the road again next week when they travel to Baton Rouge, La for two matches against Dartmouth on Sept. 5 and Kent State on Sept. 7 The Bulls will be home next to open USF Soccer Stadium with a game against Stetson at 7:30. on Sept. 11.the Bulls will be home to open the newly renovated USF Soccer Stadium on Thursday, Sept. 11 against Stetson University.

Archived