• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Press conference

CousinRicky

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,859
  • Days Won:  109

Did anyone else see the press conference today?  Recorded it and watched it this evening.  One thing I found interesting.  When asked about the running backs taking pressure off of Grothe.  CJL responded with something like - We will run our offense and that involves the QB doing most of the work.  If he hands off, he hands off. 

So here is my thinking.  We say we "hold back" on the first game of the year to not "show" anything to our opponents.  But it sounds to me like Kansas can watch films from any game from last year and know what we will be running.  Oregon wasn't surprised by anything after a month's preparation. 

So, is this another year of put it in the gut of the running back and pull it out if the defensive end commits?  Same play over and over again.  Does anyone think there will be new sets and some new wrinkles?  I got the impression there won't be.  Unless he thinks Kansas is watching Catch 47 on their super spy satellite.  ???  Even I've noticed that when we go to 5 wideouts that the play will be QB draw 70% of the time.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I really hope we aren't in for that. That play works so much better when you don't run it 15+ times per game.

Why do we even have running backs if we are just going to pull that (Fill in the blank) play.

We are much better than that play, and I think Greg Gregory really needs to have some imagination with this teams offense.

I want to see the defensive coordinators face when we do this play

4 WRs (One of them Being Grant Gregory), Grothe and Daniels out of the shotgun in the backfield. Hike the ball, play action to grothe then throw a sideline pass to Gregory or Grothe and have them bomb it downfield to mitchell.

Now tell me that wouldn't be sportscenter #1.

• Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  2

if our playbook hasn't changed from last year, it is time to get rid of Gregory.  period.

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

if our playbook hasn't changed from last year, it is time to get rid of Gregory.  period.

It seems like we are always talking about the OC.  Although I agree that he should be utilizing our talent a lot better than he is, if we are winning that is all that matters.  Same playbook or not.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

Did anyone else see the press conference today?  Recorded it and watched it this evening.  One thing I found interesting.  When asked about the running backs taking pressure off of Grothe.  CJL responded with something like - We will run our offense and that involves the QB doing most of the work.  If he hands off, he hands off. 

So here is my thinking.  We say we "hold back" on the first game of the year to not "show" anything to our opponents.  But it sounds to me like Kansas can watch films from any game from last year and know what we will be running.  Oregon wasn't surprised by anything after a month's preparation. 

So, is this another year of put it in the gut of the running back and pull it out if the defensive end commits?  Same play over and over again.  Does anyone think there will be new sets and some new wrinkles?  I got the impression there won't be.  Unless he thinks Kansas is watching Catch 47 on their super spy satellite.  ???  Even I've noticed that when we go to 5 wideouts that the play will be QB draw 70% of the time.

usf's playing 2 patsies first 2 games

usf should win 150-0

it cuts both ways

usf will be surprised at how good kansas is

if usf runs same old offense it will be a long year]

teams with talent will contain grothe and usf's on dimensional offense

why wouldnt you get rid of leavitt

it is his offense

this is offense he is telling gregory to run

I really hope we aren't in for that. That play works so much better when you don't run it 15+ times per game.

Why do we even have running backs if we are just going to pull that (Fill in the blank) play.

We are much better than that play, and I think Greg Gregory really needs to have some imagination with this teams offense.

4 WRs (One of them Being Grant Gregory), Grothe and Daniels out of the shotgun in the backfield. Hike the ball, play action to grothe then throw a sideline pass to Gregory or Grothe and have them bomb it downfield to mitchell.

offense will be same

• Content Count:  21,474
  • Days Won:  10

offense will be same

Mr. blackberry poster get your act together, every year we see a different team in some form or another.  You have to change to grow but based on your posts you don't get that simple concept.

Bulls will become a multi-demensional running team.  Ford, Williams and Taylor will have different styles and teams will not be able to react to the techniques.

• Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  2

why wouldnt you get rid of leavitt

it is his offense

this is offense he is telling gregory to run

he would be next on the list.

with the recent payraise, i don't see CJL going anywhere in the near future.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

offense will be same

Mr. blackberry poster get your act together, every year we see a different team in some form or another.  You have to change to grow but based on your posts you don't get that simple concept.

Bulls will become a multi-demensional running team.  Ford, Williams and Taylor will have different styles and teams will not be able to react to the techniques.

That's how people said the offense would be last year.  We won't know until we see it in a game.

Archived