• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sunday Tribune Full Page Ad

79 Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,707
  • Days Won:  6

Full page ad on the back of today's Tribune sports section.  Huge "Can U Feel It?" over picture of packed stadium.

LOWER BOWL ALMOST GONE!

Under 1,997 seasons tickets remain!

You may not have another chance.  Ever!

Season tickets start at $99!

Followed by half page picuture of CJL putting up the horns.

Very cool.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Full page ad on the back of today's Tribune sports section.  Huge "Can U Feel It?" over picture of packed stadium.

LOWER BOWL ALMOST GONE!

You may not have another chance.  Ever!

Season tickets start at $99!

Followed by half page picuture of CJL putting up the horns.

Very cool.

We always knew these days would come - but after merely 11 seasons to have lower bowl season tic gone....IncrediBULL.

• Content Count:  12,293

i dont want to sound biased....but i dont know if its because the hype for USF in generall is bigger this year but the Trib is doing a MUCH better job of being the "official" paper of USF.

that ad looks amazing.  this is one for me to put in the scrap book.

• Content Count:  4,016

i dont want to sound biased....but i dont know if its because the hype for USF in generall is bigger this year but the Trib is doing a MUCH better job of being the "official" paper of USF.

How so?  That ad was paid for by USF.  When you pay for an ad you get what you pay for in terms of positioning and appearance.

How so?  That ad was paid for by USF.  When you pay for an ad you get what you pay for in terms of positioning and appearance.

Not necessarily.

1) I would believe part of the "official newspaper" relationship includes free or discounted advertising as well as premium placement.

2) Yes, you can pay more for placement. But not always. (I used to work for an advertising company).  It depends on a number of factors.

• Content Count:  12,293

im sure there is a BIG rate difference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,802
  • Days Won:  29

LOWER BOWL ALMOST GONE!

AWESOME !!!

• Content Count:  4,016

Not necessarily.

1) I would believe part of the "official newspaper" relationship includes free or discounted advertising as well as premium placement.

2) Yes, you can pay more for placement. But not always. (I used to work for an advertising company).  It depends on a number of factors.

Show me evidence of this Jim?  Please give evidence of such assertions?  As Greg Auman had said numerous times before this was a relative useless title.  Also, if we get all these 'perks' why haven't we seen them until now when our budget has become more robust?

No, give credit where it is due- USF.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I've reviewed the contracts for these kinds of things in the company I work for, and they usually do have some sort of preferential advertising qualifiers.  Perhaps the perks of the SPTimes contract were less than what the Trib contract includes, and that's why we went with the Trib.

However, in the end, the advertisement itself has nothing to do with that contract, as USF still chose to run it, not the Trib.

Not necessarily.

Show me evidence of this Jim?  Please give evidence of such assertions?  As Greg Auman had said numerous times before this was a relative useless title.  Also, if we get all these 'perks' why haven't we seen them until now when our budget has become more robust?

No, give credit where it is due- USF.

I've reviewed the contracts for these kinds of things in the company I work for, and they usually do have some sort of preferential advertising qualifiers.  Perhaps the perks of the SPTimes contract were less than what the Trib contract includes, and that's why we went with the Trib.

However, in the end, the advertisement itself has nothing to do with that contract, as USF still chose to run it, not the Trib.

MikeB answered this in part... The Trib gets to call itself the "official" paper for some reason... most people think it involves cash from Trib to USF... but when you consider the media general is going broke, I can't see how there would be solely cash.

The Trib is having problems attracting advertisers... part of the industry-wide problem.  So that means they can easily give away advertising but not give cash...

Sure, USF "chose" to take advantage of the opportunity. USF probably designed the ad (for which they should get credit)... but S Bien's post was that the ad was "bought and paid for" and all I said was that was not necessarily the case.

Finally, when I worked for the advertising agency, we would get all kinds of perk offers.  Full page ads for half-page price, waiving the extra fee charged for guaranteed placement, etc.  I can't imagine that a contract between the Trib and USF would not include similar offers.

Archived