• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN.com Ranks the Head Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

From http://cfn.scout.com/2/781942.html

27. Jim Leavitt, South Florida – His off-beat style wouldn’t sell in Ann Arbor or South Bend, but he’s right at home in Tampa. The literal architect of the program, what he’s done in just over a decade has been remarkable. Before long, he’s going to have the Bulls playing in a BCS bowl game.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

27 and he's done what no other coach has done.

I demand a recount.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

seems like a fair assessment considering we haven't lived up to the expectations that we've been given the past few years.

• Content Count:  9,038

Or the fact that we completely fell apart and looked bad last season...

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

seems like a fair assessment considering we haven't lived up to the expectations that we've been given the past few years.

Really? I didn't hear a lot of expectations last year, and there were virtually none in 2006. In 06, we were playing without Andre Hall, and without a QB. Last year, Nicholas and St. Louis to replace, there was a little more hype last year, but I think beating AU on the road and knocking off No. 5 WVU, then getting to No. 2 in the land more than met expectations. We were probably projected to finish a little higher in BE, but really if you're not picked to win it, it doesn't matter. If we are projected to win the BE and we fall short, then we haven't lived up to expectations.

I didn't think last year..."golly gee wiz, what a great season it would have been if we had finished 2nd in the BE"

• Content Count:  3,307

Other non-USF issues (and really, I don't think Leavitt is that far away from where he should be ranked):

- Why are people like Pete Carroll and Mack Brown that high up on the list? I've been saying this for years. They out-recruit everyone but they can't actually coach. You can't put them at #2 and #13, respectively, and then put a guy like Ron Zook, who has the same problem, at #50.

- Mark Mangino should be WAY higher than #24. Like, top 10 high. Make fun of his weight, but that Kansas team is extremely well-coached.

- It was nice to see someone coming to the realization that Schiano may not be the only carpetbagger in our midst. This whole Mauk charade in Cincinnati convinces me that Brian Kelly just wants to rack up wins and move on up the ladder.

- Bobby Bowden probably shouldn't even be on the list. Can you really consider him a coach anymore?

• Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Is this career or just this year? If its career Bobby should be on there and Jim Leavitt should be higher.

Urban Meyer is a joke. He took over a powerhouse team in Florida and he won with other peoples kids(minus Tebow)

Archived