• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I admit it. I was wrong.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Last year I supported and defended The Jim when he put muzzles on the assistant coaches and players in the pre-season, but with all of the player and assistant coach interviews this season I realize how much they contribute to the team and program.  Gregory's interviews with Alan Dell and on 1010 really illustrate how important that it is that fans and media have access to the team.  I hope the open access stays.

Whatever or whomever convinced CJL to open the info lines, thank you.  This pre-season has been a lot more fun than last year.

Normal

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Seconded.  I love hearing about our team from a full perspective.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'd put players off limits unless its the coaches show. 

The media is awful in their treatment of athletes. 

The girl who got the silver yesterday in the 200, who watned gold, they were like "so, how is the family taking it" etc...  A bunch of stupid negative comments and unsupportive of the athletes.

Hey, I got an idea, how about instead of you sitting there with an effin' microphone in your hand, you go lift weights for an hour, then play 3 hours in 95 degree weather and see if you make any effin mistakes, mr. newsman... 

Honestly, the press can be idiots (not all of them to be fair to our favorite USF writers) but some can....

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Agreed on both fronts.  There seems to be alot of good publicity to be gained by having more accessible players and coaches. 

You are so right, I couldn't believe NBC's live interview of the track and field and diving.  The poor guy who should have won a silver medal for the USA against Bolt but stepped on the line...NBC just stood there asking him how do you feel over and over again.  How do you think the guy feels, working so hard his whole life to have it backfire by a little mistake.  Or the poor 16 year old diver crying and trying to say she was just happy to be there.  Awful stuff.

• Content Count:  4,642

is anyone else sad that the end of football is only a few months away?  i wish football was 12 months long.

• Content Count:  1,297

is anyone else sad that the end of football is only a few months away?  i wish football was 12 months long.

that hurt my buzz a little bit.

but yes, i do wish it was 12 months out of the year.......

but we would have some pretty banged up players.

Archived