• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Gregory on 1010 at 7:30 AM

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

Heard it coming into work.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

thanks for the heads up.  i am tuning in now.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I just woke up...what was discussed?

• Content Count:  4,016

I just woke up...what was discussed?

He said Ford sucks, Grothe's fat, we're now a pure drop back pro-set offense and grothe will never run the ball again, the offensive scheme is aweful and he's re-shuffling it a week before the game.  He just cut Ben Williams because he had no business being on a BCS team let a lone a 1-AA team.  He's decided to start BJ Daniels in lieu of fat-ass, but will only play him about 4-5 snaps to start the game and then bench him the remainder of the game.  He plans to kick one FG against UT-Martin, and then take a knee for the rest of the game for fear of showing to much, and not being ready for UCF.

He is also quitting after the end of the season because he realizes he doesn't know how to run an offense where ford gets the ball 100 times, Grothe throws it another 100 times, and they never make mistakes.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did I hit all the asinine topics of this board?

He basically said some great stuff.  You can tell he and especially Lighthall have read this boards and got a good chuckle over the ignorant stuff spewed around.

First he said don't read into depth charts, Ford will get the ball plenty, but reminded people that the RB's are locked in an intense battle for playing time, starting, etc.  ALL, and I repeat he said ALL are doing some great things and really it's about who is capable of letting them execute more of their offense when they're on the field that will be the deciding factor about who gets more playing time.  He also said don't count out Richard Kelly, he's made enormous strides and is a very similar runner to Mike Ford who is pushing Mike Ford--- I know this will put a monkey wrench into the fans who say we should only run Mike Ford 1000 times for 5000 yards, but it's true---. 

He said the coaches love it because this type of quality competition means it will make them ALL, and I repeat he said ALL, better.  This should mean our RB's should look better than last year.

He emphasized that the coaches job is to put the BEST players on the field, and the ones that give the TEAM, REPEAT TEAM, the best chance to win, but that all RB's will see plenty of time.  And he reminded Lighthall about how good of a true freshman campaign Mike Ford had last year (better than Noel Devine), despite being out-of-shape, and very green (his words).

He also said there is an intense competition at WR...all four slots are battling...the staff loves it because this is the most talented they've seen the WR's.  Love is pushing Mitchell for playing time, he said Aj has had a better fall than Mitchell.  Taurus getting pushed by Bogan, and Richardson is actually pushing hester...he says Richardson is a little faster and quicker, and can jump better than Hester so Jessie is really battling to fend him off.

Again he emphasized they'll all get considerable time, but this type of battle only makes ALL of them better.  They say Taurus and Carlton are in the battles of their lives to fend off Bogan and AJ Love...we know TJ and Mitchell will play plenty and win the starting nod but this is making them so much better.

He loves where Cedric Hill is, that he's finally become the flex-TE they've wanted who is now big enough to fold inside and handle traditional blocking schemes.  This will help the team because they don't need to rotate in and out as much at TE.  Also he's REAL pleased with Pupello, he's a bit above 260lbs he says but he says Pupello is a nasty blocker...a real tough guy that will knock the snot out of you.  He said Trent brings a nasty, big, tough blocking TE attitude he hasn't had here since Coach Gregory has been at USF.  It should serve us well, and mentioned about formations with Trent, Ford, Kelly, and another TE on the line that that is a very big formation that will get after teams in certain situations.

He talked about the OL, really comfortable with all five starters and Jacob Sims.  He said sims is ready, and they're trying to find 2-3 more that can be ready and spell minutes for the starting five so they don't have to get beat-up all season.  I think he mentioned Warren as one that's been banged up but made a move in the spring as well....

That's most of what I got.

• Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks for the summary S._Bien.

• Content Count:  2,523

Great report and too funny.  You know that 100 carries a game for Ford is piling it on a little thick when most would be happy with half that!  ;)

• Content Count:  4,016

Great report and too funny.  You know that 100 carries a game for Ford is piling it on a little thick when most would be happy with half that!  ;)

With Ford, some guys have built him up to the point I think of the Braveheart scene where the guy says 'na he's toooo shart to be William Wallace', and William Wallace was 7ft tall, with sharp teeth and fire coming out of his arse.

The myth of Ford is growing to asininely high levels.  He's a great athlete, and did some fun stuff last year but he's got to win the job outright.  When he wins the job outright then EVERYONE will know he's finally reached that plateau.  For now some fans should be satisfied that he is battling, and is right there in the heat, and will probably surpass most of his statistical totals of last season farely easily, but still needs work. 

I vote that Ford should keep working to get better.  I actually come from a world where the harder he works the better he'll get and the better it will be for all of us.  Annointing him to do anything serves no one any good.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

With Ford, some guys have built him up to the point I think of the Braveheart scene where the guy says 'na he's toooo shart to be William Wallace', and William Wallace was 7ft tall, with sharp teeth and fire coming out of his arse.

The myth of Ford is growing to asininely high levels.  He's a great athlete, and did some fun stuff last year but he's got to win the job outright.  When he wins the job outright then EVERYONE will know he's finally reached that plateau.  For now some fans should be satisfied that he is battling, and is right there in the heat, and will probably surpass most of his statistical totals of last season farely easily, but still needs work. 

I vote that Ford should keep working to get better.  I actually come from a world where the harder he works the better he'll get and the better it will be for all of us.  Annointing him to do anything serves no one any good.

Totally agree.  Competition only makes the team and individual athletes better in my opinion.

Archived