• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Seats

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Check out this diagram of FIU's "new" stadium.  They actually only rebuilt the endzones and the home side, suites, club seats, etc.  The 3,500 visitor seats are in old bleachers between the 20's on the Bulls side of the field.  This shoulld be awesome seats for being the visiting team.

http://www.fiusports.com/downloads1/43530.JPG?ATCLID=1554927&SPID=4780&DB_OEM_ID=11700&SPSID=49159

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Doesn't even look like they have a concession stand on that side of the field.  Make sure you guys bring in plenty of water - who knows about fountains.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

From what I remember, their plans were to build it in phases.  Next season it will be a bit further along.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

This is before they completed the other endzone section, but it's definitely a far cry from the high school-esque stadium that they were playing in. It had a track around it and numerous sets of temporary bleachers that you'd see at a little league field circling the stadium. This actually looks like a FOOTBALL STADIUM.

http://www.fiusports.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=88351&SPID=10392&PALBID=16838&DB_OEM_ID=11700&PAGE_ID=&ZID=987751

It's a shame they only have 4 home games and an even bigger shame that for 3 of them, the stadium will be 1/4 full.....

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Here's the old stadium just in case some didn't know what I was talking about. I'm impressed they took the time to digitally add people in the stands.... ;D

http://www.astroturfusa.com/resources/images/HPFields/FIU.jpg

It'a amazing how lucky USF has been with RayJay. I know UCFers use it against us but I think that the stadium was THE recruiting tool for a long time and has played a big role in where the program is, and is heading. It seems drastic to say but I believe that, to some extent, the difference in RayJay vs. FIU Stadium is a direct correlation to the difference between USF and FIU on the field.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

dang, their old stadium SUCKED.  Even Lockhart was better than that one.

Archived