• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Demetris Murray

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

Any word on how the Freshman RB from Georgia is doing? He had impressive stats as a Senior.

I assume he will redshirt.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Any word on how the Freshman RB from Georgia is doing? He had impressive stats as a Senior.

I assume he will redshirt.

Yeah with our depth at RB hes a lock to be redshirted. 

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I actually talked to Carl Franks about Murray late last week -- will try to get something up on the blog tonight or tomorrow on it ...

• Content Count:  1,797

It's funny how a HS kid can look so big and powerful in his HS videos and then look so small compared to his new college teammates as a frosh (not counting Popek).  That's the way Murray looked to me.  Of course 2A in Georgia is pretty small enrollment schools, so he did play against some smaller competition.

Give him a year or two to mature and he will be a contributor.

Normal

• Content Count:  7,890

It's funny how a HS kid can look so big and powerful in his HS videos and then look so small compared to his new college teammates as a frosh (not counting Popek).  That's the way Murray looked to me.  Of course 2A in Georgia is pretty small enrollment schools, so he did play against some smaller competition.

Give him a year or two to mature and he will be a contributor.

Normal

I'll say I'm 6'0" 230 and look how small I look compared to Popek

DSC00281.jpg

• Content Count:  69

Thanks for the updates. He did come from a small school conference but those divisions have their athletes as well. I agree the depth is there and time to grow stronger as a redshirt is not a bad idea. I guess as the Bulls grow, redshirting will become common place. GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,016

Thanks for the updates. He did come from a small school conference but those divisions have their athletes as well. I agree the depth is there and time to grow stronger as a redshirt is not a bad idea. I guess as the Bulls grow, redshirting will become common place. GO BULLS!

True, but think of the backfield that Murray has to stand around.  Murray is around 5-10 205lbs, a big back by most HS standards, but when he's standing next to Ford who's 6-2 230lbs, Jamar Taylor who is 5-10 215lbs, Kelly who is 6ft 235, and Ben Williams who is 5-8 205lbs....Murray looks tiny.

Holy smokes on the pic of Popek.  I heard that he was massive but that picture really shows it.  What's more amazing is they say he's got really good footwork, unfortunately it's such a learning curb at OT, but man when he 'gets it' with that body and size, and his footwork and quickness then look out.  I see the big things that people told me about when we got him out of HS.  A friend had told me that this guy was possibly a better OT, or they at least thought his potential could be as great as Patchen's at OT especially since Patchen has had this affinity for wanting to play DL.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Murray should be a good back but we have alot of depth at rb he can redshirt and get stronger.

Wow Popek is a giant, hopefully he can help out the oline.

Archived