• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carrollwood Day School > USF

Triple B

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

Carrollwood Day's stadium nearly ready

When Carrollwood Day School opens its inaugural season of 11-man football Sept. 5 at home against Leesburg First Academy, it will do so at a new facility. This summer, the school has built an on-campus stadium that is just about finished.

"The grass is being put down (Tuesday) and (Wednesday)," Patriots coach Lane McLaughlin said.

The stadium, which cost more than $200,000, will seat about 500, McLaughlin said. It will have stands on one side of the field and trees on the other. Behind the stands, fans will find a view of a lake that borders school property. CDS hopes to add a press box next fall.

"It's an Ivy League setting," McLaughlin said. "It should be ready in about two weeks."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/article770270.ece

::)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,560
  • Days Won:  10

I hear they even have water fountains.

You highlighted the wrong part of the article...

When Carrollwood Day School opens its inaugural season of 11-man football Sept. 5 at home against Leesburg First Academy, it will do so at a new facility. This summer, the school has built an on-campus stadium that is just about finished.

"The grass is being put down (Tuesday) and (Wednesday)," Patriots coach Lane McLaughlin said.

The stadium, which cost more than $200,000, will seat about 500, McLaughlin said. It will have stands on one side of the field and trees on the other. Behind the stands, fans will find a view of a lake that borders school property. CDS hopes to add a press box next fall.

"It's an Ivy League setting," McLaughlin said. "It should be ready in about two weeks."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

Pfffft .... Capacity, water fountains/no water fountains, bouncing death trap, ability to fry eggs on the empty seat beside you ..... None of that matters. All that matters is that it's a stadium and it's on their campus.  8)

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

that's half of what it will cost to eliminate the "trampoline" effect over in mousetown

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, but don't you know?  Doak Campbell looked the same way when it was built.  A few expansions and they'll be seating 90,000...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, but don't you know?  Doak Campbell looked the same way when it was built.  A few expansions and they'll be seating 90,000...

then they will be going after Leavitt

Going after?  The under the table deal is already done. Leavitt starts there in 2012

• Content Count:  2,461

they're going to win their conference this year

• Content Count:  1,260

they're going to win their conference this year

I hear they turned down a Big East invite because it was for football-only....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Looks like I need to increase my giving to CDS. Gotta make sure I am in the top 500 for priority points.

Archived