Update on Student Ticket Policy, and OUR SHIRTS 2008!!!

dantheusfman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

So, while the Housing and Res. Ed. staff is testing the ear-piercing fire alarms in Castor (Orientation uses it, so it's not weird that a guy is an RA here for the Summer), I thought I would give you an update on where the Student Ticket Policy is, as told to the SG Senate last night by Megan Latchford, one of the representatives from Athletics, and one of the main people in charge of this program:

-As expected, it will not be like last year. No camping out, no 6-hour lines, no full-time student, full-time job students complaining that they couldn't get tickets.

-Students will log onto their account from www.gousfbulls.com, using their U-Number and ID Card info

-Around 7 days before the game, students will get an e-mail, asking them if they would like to request a ticket. There is no advantage or disadvantage to being first or last to request tickets

-After approximately 48-72 hours, students will get one of two e-mails: Either the demand<supply, and you have a ticket automatically, or the supply>demand, and you will be entered into a lottery.

-If students are entered into a lottery, it will be based on a loyalty points system. All Olympic Sports will be worth 25 points, football games 10. You do get extra loyalty points for being in Student Bulls Club (Another great advantage of joining this group, Bulls fans), but Beef Studs and other organizations have no loyalty point bonuses. This is because SBC donates to athletics, and Beef Studs is paid for by SG, which allocates Activity and Service Fee dollars that students pay with tuition. Ms. Latchford also brought up the possibility of attendance at Campus Event counting for loyalty points as well.

-Students will get an e-mail if they are granted a ticket, and they have 48 hours to claim it, and print it out. Tickets will have names, and U-Numbers, and Sections on them. Anyone caught duplicating or selling tickets will be, at least, barred from future games (I almost clapped for this one)

-The new Gousfbulls.com website, complete with info for student tickets, is scheduled to be up by the end of the month.

-Finally, the OUR SHIRTS! are back!! The bookstore is receiving a shipment of over 10,000. For students, the shirts will be $5 for students, $10 for non-students. They should also be receiving the first shipments by the end of the month.

-If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll be happy to forward them :-)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

wow, thanks for the update.  Great write up.

I'm no longer a student, but I'll pass the info along to my friends that are.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like a great system. 

• Content Count:  19,229

HUGE improvement!  A big pat on the back for the people that developed the new system.  It should be much more successful.

• Content Count:  5,241

Good plan. Glad I graduated and wont have to deal with that stuff anymore. Although Camping out was always fun

• Content Count:  3,078

so basically walk by and swipe your card to get in a soccer game one night and you are basically guaranteed to get football tickets the rest of the year

• Content Count:  2,307

Sounds great.  Good thing I'm now an alumni that has earned priority points for years (Thanks SBC).  I don't have to wait to know if I will make a game or not.

Love the idea of having the U# on the tickets.

• Content Count:  9,833
  • Days Won:  9

So, while the Housing and Res. Ed. staff is testing the ear-piercing fire alarms in Castor (Orientation uses it, so it's not weird that a guy is an RA here for the Summer), I thought I would give you an update on where the Student Ticket Policy is, as told to the SG Senate last night by Megan Latchford, one of the representatives from Athletics, and one of the main people in charge of this program:

-As expected, it will not be like last year. No camping out, no 6-hour lines, no full-time student, full-time job students complaining that they couldn't get tickets.

-Students will log onto their account from www.gousfbulls.com, using their U-Number and ID Card info

-Around 7 days before the game, students will get an e-mail, asking them if they would like to request a ticket. There is no advantage or disadvantage to being first or last to request tickets

-After approximately 48-72 hours, students will get one of two e-mails: Either the demand<supply, and you have a ticket automatically, or the supply>demand, and you will be entered into a lottery.

-If students are entered into a lottery, it will be based on a loyalty points system. All Olympic Sports will be worth 25 points, football games 10. You do get extra loyalty points for being in Student Bulls Club (Another great advantage of joining this group, Bulls fans), but Beef Studs and other organizations have no loyalty point bonuses. This is because SBC donates to athletics, and Beef Studs is paid for by SG, which allocates Activity and Service Fee dollars that students pay with tuition. Ms. Latchford also brought up the possibility of attendance at Campus Event counting for loyalty points as well.

-Students will get an e-mail if they are granted a ticket, and they have 48 hours to claim it, and print it out. Tickets will have names, and U-Numbers, and Sections on them. Anyone caught duplicating or selling tickets will be, at least, barred from future games (I almost clapped for this one)

-The new Gousfbulls.com website, complete with info for student tickets, is scheduled to be up by the end of the month.

-Finally, the OUR SHIRTS! are back!! The bookstore is receiving a shipment of over 10,000. For students, the shirts will be $5 for students, $10 for non-students. They should also be receiving the first shipments by the end of the month.

-If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll be happy to forward them :-)

What about Baseball Games?  Do students get credit for going to these games, and if so how much credit?

• Content Count:  3,307

so basically walk by and swipe your card to get in a soccer game one night and you are basically guaranteed to get football tickets the rest of the year

That's easy, make them swipe their card again as they leave. If they leave before, let's say halftime or the 60-minute mark, it doesn't count.

• Content Count:  19,229

What about Baseball Games?  Do students get credit for going to these games, and if so how much credit?

Sounds like you get 25 pts if baseball is considered an olympic sport under the above description.

Archived