• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Colin Cowherd and Beano Cook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I was just listening to Colin Cowherd on the way home from work, and he and Beano were talking about the recently released Vegas over/under for win totals for college football. Colin said Vegas missed when they set our O/U at 9 because he expects us to win 10 easily, and there's no reason we shouldn't be undefeated going into Morgantown. And Beano pretty much agreed with him. Just thought that was pretty neat  ;D

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

beano cook has a great chin for radio.

Amazin as I find that Beano is a traditionalist. He really kicks non-traditional programs under the bus.

not to bad.... not to bad at all......

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Beano Cook also said that Ron Powlus would win two Heisman's.......but I do appreciate the positive national pub.

• Content Count:  1,777

Is there a site were I can go to understand what an "over and under" is as well as how a point spread works?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Is there a site were I can go to understand what an "over and under" is as well as how a point spread works?

With the "over/under" the line makers set a specific number and then the bettor wages on if the outcome will be over or under that number. So if our O/U on wins is 9 you would wager on if you think we will win over 9 games or under 9 games. If your prediction is correct, you win.

With the point spread, the favorite is "giving" points to the underdog before the game starts. If you bet the favorite they have to win by more than the number of points they are giving in order to cover the spread.

For example, if you were to take USF "giving" 51.5 points to UCF last season you would have been a winner as that would have bumped the final score to 64-63.5  >:D

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

If you don't understand at this point in your life, its probably better that you don't.  

Beano knows all about us though.  He's a Pittsburgh native, and follows the Panthers religously.  So, he's been down with us since we upset the Panthers back in 2001, prior to joining the Big East.

• Content Count:  4,642

wow. after cowherd ripped us for being number 2?  whatever.  i'll take it i guess.

Archived