• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Want USF-FIU Ticket? Good Luck

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 18, 2008

TAMPA - This fall, the University of South Florida will play nationally ranked Kansas and West Virginia and host its first ESPN Thursday night game. However, the toughest ticket in USF program history: at Florida International?

That's right. When USF visits FIU, a national-worst 1-23 the past two seasons, it will cost Bulls fans a record $51 a ticket ($48 plus a $3 service charge). The previous high was $45 at Auburn last year.

And there won't be many FIU tickets available. The contract between the schools allowed only 500 tickets to the visitor, but USF officials negotiated another 3,000. The USF-FIU game Sept. 20 in Miami will be the first played in FIU's new on-campus, 20,000-seat stadium.

FIU is not allowing single-game tickets against USF, so once its allotment runs out, USF fans' only option is a $100 FIU season ticket. USF also will have only 4,000 tickets available at UCF on Sept. 6. After that, USF fans can buy only a $210 UCF season ticket.

Tickets for USF's road games are available only for season-ticket holders and donors through July 28 at GoUSFBulls.com. USF also has sold a record 24,000 season tickets.

For more ticket information, visit GoUSFBulls.com.

Brett McMurphy

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/18/sp-want-usf-fiu-ticket-good-luck/

• Content Count:  3,574

An interesting piece that he didn't mention in his article.  This was on his blog.

USF also has sold a record 24,000 season tickets and will not sell any single-game lower bowl tickets until after the Kansas game on Sept. 12. USF only has about 4,000 lower bowl season tickets available, USF assistant AD Chris Freet said. Once those are gone, they will sell upper deck season tickets. Individuals also can request upper deck season tickets instead of lower deck if they prefer to be closer to the middle of the field, Freet said.

So I guess the upper deck will be opened for every game this season.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

FIU was only $40/ticket + $3 service charge for me this morning!!

Not that I will get the tickets, but ticket master is only charging $40...

• Content Count:  5,241

I am not going to pay 50 bucks and drive that long to see us wipe the floor with fiu.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Can you still make a request??? I logged in but I dont see how to do it

• Content Count:  2,307

When will they charge our accounts?

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

When will they charge our accounts?

Once they determine that you have the priority points to get the tickets. They will then charge your account between July 28 and July 31.

• Content Count:  2,277

An interesting piece that he didn't mention in his article.  This was on his blog.

USF also has sold a record 24,000 season tickets and will not sell any single-game lower bowl tickets until after the Kansas game on Sept. 12. USF only has about 4,000 lower bowl season tickets available, USF assistant AD Chris Freet said. Once those are gone, they will sell upper deck season tickets. Individuals also can request upper deck season tickets instead of lower deck if they prefer to be closer to the middle of the field, Freet said.

So I guess the upper deck will be opened for every game this season.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

YES, they are already planning on it!

• Content Count:  742

The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 18, 2008

TAMPA - This fall, the University of South Florida will play nationally ranked Kansas and West Virginia and host its first ESPN Thursday night game. However, the toughest ticket in USF program history: at Florida International?

That's right. When USF visits FIU, a national-worst 1-23 the past two seasons, it will cost Bulls fans a record $51 a ticket ($48 plus a $3 service charge). The previous high was $45 at Auburn last year.

And there won't be many FIU tickets available. The contract between the schools allowed only 500 tickets to the visitor, but USF officials negotiated another 3,000. The USF-FIU game Sept. 20 in Miami will be the first played in FIU's new on-campus, 20,000-seat stadium.

FIU is not allowing single-game tickets against USF, so once its allotment runs out, USF fans' only option is a $100 FIU season ticket. USF also will have only 4,000 tickets available at UCF on Sept. 6. After that, USF fans can buy only a $210 UCF season ticket.

Tickets for USF's road games are available only for season-ticket holders and donors through July 28 at GoUSFBulls.com. USF also has sold a record 24,000 season tickets.

For more ticket information, visit GoUSFBulls.com.

Brett McMurphy

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/18/sp-want-usf-fiu-ticket-good-luck/

I think they saw how we stampeded FAU and decided that it would not be a good idea.

You can always scalp.

Jay

• Content Count:  760

I may end up having a few extras. I will be sure to post if i do.

Archived