• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Rivals Florida 100- 2008 Preseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Rivals just release their list of top 100 players in Florida for the 2009 class.  This is the preseason list and will be changed by signing day.  Currently there is only 1 5-star recruit in Florida and 58 4-stars.  All top 100 players are at least 3 stars.

USF Commits and their state rank:

RB - Bradley Battles - 26

WR - James Green - 39

RB - Adaris Bellamy - 46

CB - Ricardo Dixon - 67

ATH - Victor Marc - 71

S- Jacquez Jenkins - 73

WR - Leon Woods - 82

Other players USF may have a shot at (not exhaustive):

DE - Ryne Giddens - 15

CB - Jayron Hosley - 21

QB - Eugene Smith - 24

RB - Rodney Scott - 33

CB - Josh Robinson - 52

WR - Dwayne Difton - 54

WR/CB - Jamal Reid - 60

WR - Stedman Bailey - 61

DT - Arthur Jeffery - 64

S- Kayvon Webster - 70

LB - Mike Marry - 72

OL- Andrew Carter - 79

LB - Shane Gordon - 96

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks.

I know you said your list is not exhaustive, since there are a number of other players on that list who have USF included among their favorites and, then, there are other players who don't show USF listed, but are known to really include them. So, it's not an exact science. LOL

In any event, we certainly have many more early verbals and interest from the Florida 100 guys than in the past.

Here is the link to the Rivals top 100 in Florida:

http://usf.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2241

More on the rankings.  The difference in the 7 I listed above and the 6 referenced in the article is Leon Woods.  Rivals does not list him as a commit but Scout does.  Here is an excerpt.

McDaniel is the state's only five-star prospect, but 68 are four-star guys. Fifteen Floridians are members of the Rivals100, and 38 are in the Rivals250.

Florida State has nine commitments from prospects in the top 100. Florida and USF have six, and Miami has four.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=827547

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Dave at USF Rivals is aware of Woods having reportedly given a verbal to USF, but I guess he didn't feel comfortable listing him as such.

July 1, 2008

Work left to do before Woods is done deal

Dave Glaser

USFBullsEYE.com

Although he's been listed as a commitment by several media sources for more than a week now, I've hesitated to include Anthony Leon Woods on my list for the Bulls' growing class of 2009. Find out why and get more tidbits and happenings from around the USF sports scene . . .

...More... (To continue reading this article you must be a subscriber.)

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

go to hear.  i wonder how many more of these guys will get upgraded to 5 star before signing period.  im guessing like 3 or 4 of them

• Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

Love it, another first, I have never seen us that have that many recruits on the Rivals Florida 100 list.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2241&Year=2009

Great 2009 I can see it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Dave at USF Rivals is aware of Woods having reportedly given a verbal to USF, but I guess he didn't feel comfortable listing him as such.

July 1, 2008

Work left to do before Woods is done deal

Dave Glaser

USFBullsEYE.com

Although he's been listed as a commitment by several media sources for more than a week now, I've hesitated to include Anthony Leon Woods on my list for the Bulls' growing class of 2009. Find out why and get more tidbits and happenings from around the USF sports scene . . .

...More... (To continue reading this article you must be a subscriber.)

Woods himself has been quoted as saying he committed too early and is a soft verbal and keeping his options open.  I would post it up but its premium content at another site. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  51

I can confirm as well. That Leon Woods was at the Under Armour event hosted at Ray Jay and he verballed that night. However after talking with his high school coach, it was made in the best interest of Leon to retract his verbal. He has made it clear that USF remains at the top of his list while he keeps his options open.

Dwayne Difton is another WR that commited and then retracted his commit. He also has stated that USF is at the very top of his list.

We are seeing a lot of this because USF is right on the brink of breaking out big this season. Some kids are going to be sold right away. While others wait and see how are season goes. Either way its a good sign of progression in the recruiting ranks.

I have said it many times, if our Coaches take care of the team they have on the field, and the guys on the field play up to the potential that they have we will win a majority of our games. This is exactly what the recruits that are waiting want to see. They want to see us beat UCF in Orlando. They want to see us beat Kansas at home. They want to see us beat NC State away. And finally to win in our conference to either be Big East Champions or **** close to it. And even further if we can win the Big East, to make sure that we finished what we started and bring home that Bowl trophy.

We do 85% or more of those goals for this season. And it won't be a matter of waiting and seeing for these recruits, they will be sold. i.e. Eugene Smith, Dwayne Difton, Stedman Bailey, Leon Woods, and Ryne Giddins are all in the wait and see mode for USF.

Good post Citizen.  I agree that if we win the conference and play in a BCS bowl that recruiting will be incredible.

• Content Count:  4,016

Unfortunately, as recently as the past two weeks both seem to be steering away from USF a bit.  I don't think Woods ends up at USF, but I do think Difton makes it.

Archived