• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nate Allen Highlight Video!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

Be sure to click the phrase "Play in High Quality" directly below the video screen on the right side if your internet connection is fast enough. I did not use the embedded youtube feature because it plays the video in standard quality by default and the difference between the two settings is significant.

If you use the embedded video on the thread you will see crappy video, click the link above and then select "Play in High Quality".

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

8wz5IUfyZjQ

here

Guest BasketBull.

Thanks! Good work.

Btw, did you know that Nate was an Honor Society student while in high school?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Nice video. Nate is going to be a beast this year.

CJL seems to get some smart defenders that are always in the right place. I thought I would just see the whole Auburn game as the highlight, good work putting that together.

• Content Count:  2,478

Great video. Nate Allen and Jerome Murphy are going to be deadlier than Jenkins and Williams in my opinion. They both are insane playmakers.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Allen is a beast.  with Trae, Jenk and Nate in the defensive backfield last year, i'm surprised anybody was able to pass on us.

Nate has some insane speed, and at 6'2 he has good size for a dback... this is his backfield this year.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

speaking of the devil...  GOUSFBULLS is reporting that he's on the Thorpe preseason watchlist:

Nate Allen Named to Thorpe List 

Courtesy: USF  Release: 07/09/2008

TAMPA –The list of Bulls on preseason award lists grew to six on Wednesday when Nate Allen was named to the Thorpe Award watch list. 

Allen joins defensive teammates George Selvie (Lombardi, Bednarik, Nagurski and Lott) and Tyrone McKenzie (Lott, Bednarik, Nagurski) on the preseason acclaim list.  He is among 40 players on the list and four that call the Big EAST home.

Allen earned the recognition on the strength of a sophomore season that was highlighted by two defensive touchdowns and a three turnover game against Auburn.  Allen returned an interception against Pitt and scooped up a fumble for a touchdown against Louisville. At Jordan Hare Stadium he had an interception, a forced fumble and a recovered fumble in the Bulls overtime win.

On the season, Allen was fourth on the team with 84 tackles and second with four interceptions. 

His rise to prominence on the roster was a bit of a surprise, but definitely played into one of the major stories of 2007; sophomore in starring roles.  Along with quarterback Matt Grothe and Selvie, the trio helped lead the Bulls to prominence last season and appear poised to take the team further the next two seasons.

On the offensive side of the ball, USF has three players earning preseason recognition: Grothe (Maxwell), Jake Griffin (Rimington) and Ryan Schmidt (Outland).

The first day of fall practice is Aug. 3 with school starting three weeks later on Aug. 24.  The 12th edition of USF Bulls football will open the 2008 campaign and their fourth in the BIG EAST on Aug. 30 against UT-Martin at Raymond James Stadium.  A game time has not been set for the season opener.

The marquee matchup of the non-conference season will take place Sept. 12 under the Friday night lights (8 p.m. Eastern) when the Bulls square off with defending Orange Bowl champion Kansas before a national TV audience on ESPN2.  USF also has four home conference games against Pitt (Oct. 2), Syracuse (Oct. 18), Rutgers (Nov. 15) and UConn (Nov. 23).

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1507353

• Content Count:  622

Great video! Nate Allen is a beast. Don't let your girlfriends meet him though...  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

And if anyone has spoke with him, class guy.

And what really impressed me about him ... regarding the fumble he caused at Auburn, "I wasn't going for the ball" ... most would not admit that.

Didn't remember that the Pitt game's 3rd quarter started & ended with a BULLS TD !  :o

• Content Count:  12,293

my favorite current Bull. 

Archived