Alvarado in The Oracle

Costa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  211
  • Days Won:  0

holy **** smazze posted five times in a row. 

Dude, can't you just say it all in one post or are you using a telephone to write your cryptic ********?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Bronson sucked and Benzer sucked almost as bad.

If Teachey was so much better than Delbert at FGs, don't you think Leavitt would put him in?  I'd think the guy who makes $1M+ to guide our team to #2 in the nation knows more than a couple of dorm room stoners.

This reeks of the "Bench Ronnie Banks and put in Pat Julmiste" conversations circa 2003.  Remember those, kids?

Delbert = The Man.  When you find someone better that Leavitt hasn't seen yet, let him know.

Are you out of your mind? "Delbert = The Man"??? Going 4-11 in spring practice is hardly being the man. The only reason why he is in there is because there HAS BEEN no one better, but now that we have Bonani or whatever his name is, Alvarado will be on the bench passing out water to the players.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

If Teachey was so much better than Delbert at FGs, don't you think Leavitt would put him in?  I'd think the guy who makes $1M+ to guide our team to #2 in the nation knows more than a couple of dorm room stoners.

This reeks of the "Bench Ronnie Banks and put in Pat Julmiste" conversations circa 2003.  Remember those, kids?

Delbert = The Man.  When you find someone better that Leavitt hasn't seen yet, let him know.

leavitt doesnt know so much if he did he would have recruited a jc or top frosh kicker instead of keeping alvarado

because usf chooses to over pay him what makes leavitt so smart?

he took us from #2 to the worst bowl beating of the season

I don't think Jim is perfect, but if you re-read what you wrote, he must have gotten us to #2 as well.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

leavitt doesnt know so much if he did he would have recruited a jc or top frosh kicker instead of keeping alvarado

because usf chooses to over pay him what makes leavitt so smart?

he took us from #2 to the worst bowl beating of the season

I don't think Jim is perfect, but if you re-read what you wrote, he must have gotten us to #2 as well.

Don't mention that.  Focus only negatives.  Nothing positive to take away.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

MikeG,

It is because this is a big deal, jackass.

• Content Count:  1

I never really spoke or knew Alvarado until a couple of weeks ago. We got into a conversation of football and the flack that people give him about it a week ago. He then went on to explain to me how complicated kicking really is, because I never really knew. Once he told me how every split second counts and any little mistake can ruin a kick, I then came to understand that it is seriously not that easy. He is out there trying his hardest to win and play the game. Everyone makes mistakes, but why to you have to point only him out? I think that everyone gives him way too much ****. Give the guy a **** break. None of us are out there trying to do what he does. He tries his best and thats all we ask. As a school we should be behind our players 100%, not bashing them when they aren't 100%. There is a lot more to kicking then just the kicker. Just to add, we don't even have a kicking coach. Everyone just needs to lay off, it's a new season, a new start. Let it go!

• Content Count:  5,241

You guys are jumping the gun.

ITS APRIL

Who comes to our team this summer? A NEW KICKER

Will he push ALVERADO? Duh, it cant take too much.

IF not, we just need to bury the other teams in TDs. It should never come down to a kicker.

• Content Count:  5,910
  • Days Won:  5

I never really spoke or knew Alvarado until a couple of weeks ago. We got into a conversation of football and the flack that people give him about it a week ago. He then went on to explain to me how complicated kicking really is, because I never really knew. Once he told me how every split second counts and any little mistake can ruin a kick, I then came to understand that it is seriously not that easy. He is out there trying his hardest to win and play the game. Everyone makes mistakes, but why to you have to point only him out? I think that everyone gives him way too much ****. Give the guy a **** break. None of us are out there trying to do what he does. He tries his best and thats all we ask. As a school we should be behind our players 100%, not bashing them when they aren't 100%. There is a lot more to kicking then just the kicker. Just to add, we don't even have a kicking coach. Everyone just needs to lay off, it's a new season, a new start. Let it go!

And therein lies the problem. Instead of saying, "I blew some kicks this year", he goes into the whole technical side of kicking. I hate to break it to you, but every position on the field has different issues to deal with. The problem is, and this isn't Delbert's fault, he isn't a kicker. It's not natural to him. From what you described, it would be like Grothe saying "well, I have to catch the snap first, which involves closing my fingers around the ball, then I have to look right and left at my receivers, I have to remember to turn my head to do that, then I have to raise my arm....to throw a pass". Delbert is a good punter in my opinion, and I would bet that when he is punting, he doesn't have all of those mechanics running through his head, he just does it because it is natural.

If he's the best we have, then we will stick with him, I think the problem is that his stats do not add up to a D-1 caliber kicker.

Again, he is a good punter, so even if he loses the PK duties, he still is on the field, and a big contributor to this team.

By the way, I don't think anyone has ever said that they don't think he is trying, or giving his all. So, your argument that he is trying isn't really necessary. I don't think I could win American Idol just because I am trying to sing better than everyone else, I don't have the talent to win, and if people were to point that out to me, I would say that they are correct, not try to tell them how hard it is to sing.

Archived