Former USF Coaches/Michigan

Dmince

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

It is good to know that the guys on Rodriguez's staff with Strong USF ties (Magee, Frey), will be coaching at a Michigan, which really is one of the top 5 jobs in the country. Calving Magee is going to be on the radar for an HC job very soon. I think he will be the first guy from Leavitt's coaching tree to get an HC job.

At least their out of the conference, hopefully without Mr. Hot Dog environment WVU will slip back down to earth like Louisville did without Petrino and then Cincinnati, UConn, and us will become the new Big East football powers. Then again Edsall and Kelly are probably on many big program shortlists soon, so as long as Leavitt sticks around we will be the Big East's football power. Yes, I believe the coach has a huge impact and Louisville's fall from grace this year provides more evidence.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  92

It is good to know that the guys on Rodriguez's staff with Strong USF ties (Magee, Frey), will be coaching at a Michigan, which really is one of the top 5 jobs in the country. Calving Magee is going to be on the radar for an HC job very soon. I think he will be the first guy from Leavitt's coaching tree to get an HC job.

At least their out of the conference, hopefully without Mr. Hot Dog environment WVU will slip back down to earth like Louisville did without Petrino and then Cincinnati, UConn, and us will become the new Big East football powers. Then again Edsall and Kelly are probably on many big program shortlists soon, so as long as Leavitt sticks around we will be the Big East's football power. Yes, I believe the coach has a huge impact and Louisville's fall from grace this year provides more evidence.

I think it's going to come down to USF and Rutgers in the long run since Schiano and Leavitt seem poised to stay where they are now.  WVU and UL will eventually rebound, Pitt and Syracuse will return to the middle of the pack, but UC and UConn will likely fade once Kelly and Edsall going to bigger and better jobs.

I think it's going to come down to USF and Rutgers in the long run since Schiano and Leavitt seem poised to stay where they are now.  WVU and UL will eventually rebound, Pitt and Syracuse will return to the middle of the pack, but UC and UConn will likely fade once Kelly and Edsall going to bigger and better jobs.

WVU was nothing before Rich Rodriguez got there, he built them from the ground up. Without him they will be in deep trouble because top recruits like Pryor are no longer considering them. If Devine doesn't transfer and White doesn't enter the draft they could be decent next year but I think Devine could transfer especially if the coach who comes brings a totally different system. I don't think the NFL thinks of White too highly so he will probably have to stay besides their defense will be much weaker and as we saw with Louisville a great coach leaving has a huge impact Louisville still had Brohm, Douglass, and Urrutia and they fell.

As for Syracuse I don't know, I think they remain in the basement unless Greg Robinsons recruits blossom or they finally get rid of him and even then it would take another coach a few years to rebuild them. Pitt's getting some good talent under Wannedstedt but he seems to be like Ron Zook and unable to coach them to good results, they may need a change in guard but the talent is there.

• Content Count:  131

pitt will have too much talent to not be good in the future. they will be top 3 BE with in the next few yrs. everyone here will laugh but dont be shocked if it happens

pitt will have too much talent to not be good in the future. they will be top 3 BE with in the next few yrs. everyone here will laugh but dont be shocked if it happens

Pitt has talent, but they might need a new coach I don't know if Wanny can get the job done on the field but he does great pulling in recruits. LeSean McCoy will be a star, in a conference with Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, UConn and Cinci's tandems, and Mike Ford it was obvious the McCoy was clearly the best in the conference as a freshman.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

their qb sucks

they will not be in top 3 as long as dave w is coach

i have seen enough

• Content Count:  401

Pitt will be good but he BE is more and more competitive. Wannstedt might not be the best coach but he's good enough to get in the top 3 of the BE. Anyway,s players win games and they are recruiting like crazy

Kelly did not build UC's program, Mike Dgastino (Mich St.) did. He just got their and will be around for a while. They keep getting good transfers and they'll be strong.

WVU will still be good next year, then if they get Bowden they continue to be a force. They have to get a big name after the RR incident.

We are young so we'll be up there.

UConn will suffer if Edstall leaves.

Louisville is in shambles.

Schiano is a little overrated in the first place if you ask me. I like Rutgers to fall off some.

Next year I predict USF, WVU, Pitt, Cinnci, and Uconn will all have good teams. Rutgers, Louisville, and SU will be in gutter.

• Content Count:  188

It's not about caring about them, it's about Leavitt.

When all is said and done, there will be many head coaches who got their start under Leavitt, and that will enhance his reputation and that of USF football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

I'm not sold on Bowden getting the WVU gig--- he has a certain taint to him that is nasty--- those violations at Auburn will be hard to shake. He will have to go the O'Leary route and play for some perenial nobody to earn his stripes back-- and do it clean this time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

you know you are desparate when you are the one contacting WVU for the job as if they need to know you are available. He was available when they hired Rich Rod-- so what makes him think that all is forgotten now?

Archived