A backhanded slap by Bobby Bowden

Ricky the Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

What, you want him to speak the truth?  FSU still has to try to get recruits, you know.  You never see inferior business telling you that somewhere else is better, or that somewhere else has improved to the same level you are.  Same principle here.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574

Just win, Jim!

• Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I think it's kind of ironic how you all think Bowden is stupid for not scheduling us because he doesn't want us to get to FSU's level yet you guys don't want to schedule UCF for the same reason.

The point is that he could have simply said that it 'could happen' and just stopped there.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

No way does FSU schedule a game with USF. The only way that the two schools will play each other is in a bowl game. USF wont get any games with FSU as long as that moron Dave Hart is the AD at FSU. Hart's comment on USF still pisses me off when he acted like we were located near the Miami area. What a jerk!!!

Guest BasketBull.

He probably mixed his medications, again... If he doesn't win this year, you can be sure that he'll be playing shuffleboard full time next year.

Even if there were some sort of future contract, what are the chances he'll be the coach? None!  ::)

abe01.gif

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Once again, Bobby is babbling to the media again. He has no FN clue to what he is talking about.  What a tool.

we wish leavitt was so media savy and recruit friendly

bowden is the master than leavitt should have learned from over last 10 years

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

I think it's kind of ironic how you all think Bowden is stupid for not scheduling us because he doesn't want us to get to FSU's level yet you guys don't want to schedule UCF for the same reason.

there is alot of irony and hypocrisy here at times

• Content Count:  1,757

Bowden has one foot in the grave.  He is senile and his program has been in a spiraling out of control for the last 5 seasons.  It took a minor coup by the alumni base to get him to fire his son (3 years too late).  This year is make or break for ole bobby.  If the new assistants (FSU is paying out the nose for) don't turn it around this season, there will be some serious discussion about pushing BB out the door.  Even with all of his history there, I doubt the fanbase will be willing to suffer through too many more 6-7 win seasons.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Let me make this clear. I dont hate Bobby, I think he is a coaching legend that put FSU on the map. I hope Leavitt continues to put USF on the map, and he will if he keeps winning. I just hate when a coach or AD tries to downplay the success of USF by saying stupid things like FSU's AD Hart said last year. When asked if FSU would ever play USF, Hart said there is no interest there because FSU already recruits well in the South Florida area when he **** well knows where USF is located. To me, that was a slap to the face of the USF program. USF will never play them on basketball or football unless it is the post-season when it is out of FSU's control.

• Content Count:  4,016

we're a better school and FSU knows it.  The last thing they want to do is lose football games to us...because it would take about 2 minutes for us to flip-flop given we're already ahead in many academic areas.  This is why they stopped playing us in hoops, we were winning to much.

UF has nothing to fear from us, flagship institution will never lose a fan base or dollars.  But FSU and Miami...we're just one match stick away from lighting on fire and leapfrogging ahead in popularity.  Seriously!  What happens if USF goes BCS this year and those two end with 6-7 wins again....hmmmm.  If USF was a stock I'd go long and get a second mortgage to buy some more.  I should preface that with USF and Leavitt because this program is what it is and where it is entirely on his ability and back!  

In Leavitt We Trust, and in Smazza we dump!

Archived