• Markeymark

• Velcro

• Rabbi Bull

• Triple B

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

i think this was a moral victory for the team.  

Not to be taken personally, but because of people like you this school will never move up in the ranks and be considered the big 4 if you keep accepting losing. I just do not understand why losing is acceptable to you. Whether you lost by 1 or 100 YOU LOST    LOSING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE in any case.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

They hustled and waaay outrebounded them and that shows heart.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Not to be taken personally, but because of people like you this school will never move up in the ranks and be considered the big 4 if you keep accepting losing. I just do not understand why losing is acceptable to you. Whether you lost by 1 or 100 YOU LOST    LOSING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE in any case.

Jewbull, I understand your point, but don't you think that with this year's team, losing may be the rule and not the exception?  I mean, this team does not have a full roster and will have a hard time keping up with teams that can rotate off the bench.    I would hope the players take a loss like last night and spin that into a positive.  A few less mistakes and that is a different score.  I was proud of the team last night.  I don't accept mediocrity or losing, but I do accept reality.  

I will never pretend to know a lot about basketball, but I will give RMC a chance to show what he can do with a healthy team, then maybe I will join your firerodmcollum club, but not until he gets a fair shake.  

See ya around.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

Me & the wife had our fingers crossed the whole end of the game. For awhile, I thought we might pull it off... They played a helluva game tho. GO BULLS!

Something stinks, I think I stepped in some Pittsnogle !

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132

Yes, there are no moral victories but, last night these guys hussled and played with intensity and passion. WVU may not be a physical team but they have proven with good fundamentals they can beat anyone (The OU game, an absolute clinic and what about Nova?). I think last night's game proves that Mac is a coach but, not a recruiter. He needs to surround himself by people who can recruit. We are literally playing with only 4 players on the court, our players are very hesitant on passing the rock to Capko once on the other side of the court, and with reason! Our basketball situation is somewhat like our football in that both sports lack a descent athlete in a very important position. With a descent PG we could possibly see some upsets. Finally, I don't mind loosing as long as they leave it all on the court, what the hell happen with Bethun Cookman?

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I think last night's game proves that Mac is a coach but, not a recruiter.

I think last night's game proves that USF lost. These close losses are nothing more than illusion. Don't be lulled into thinking USF is improving when the other team knows how much we suck and doesn't give their all as a result. WVU did what they had to do to win the game. Good teams get the job done. Losing by 100 points or 1 point is still not getting the job done.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

to say that a team didn't give it their all is ******** especially after how hard we played.  if wvu didn't give it their all, they lose the game, they were fighting with us till the end.  if i ever saw a team not playing with their all i'll show you a team that will lose the respect of its fans.  last nights game proves that when we do give it our all and have a good night we can compete even with capko as the point guard.  i'm tired of people on this board putting down the coach and the team.  i would love to see you jewbull and the rest of the darksiders go out and do any better with the team than rmc is doing right now.  until you can do that, you have no right to critize the team, cause i guarantee you will have a worse record than he has now.  for what coach has to work with he's doing the best he can, the team is doing the best it can.  we are only playing like 6 guys, thats all we have to play.  the 6 guys we played last night showed they want to win, and only losing to the #24 team in the nation by 4 points is one hell of a statement.  for a team that has seen its share of downfalls and heartbreaking losses this game proved to them that they can compete and that they can hang and do belong in the big east.  i know wvu isn't the best team in the conference but it is one of the top teams in it.  i don't like losing as much as the next guy likes losing, but jewbull you yourself were all for seth when he was here, and once he started losing and left you turned your back on him.  you never as well as many others here gave coach rmc a chance to show you what he can do.  the past two seasons has been plaqued with injuries and look what he did last season, brought us farther than alot of teams have gotten in awhile.  i guarantee with a full roster we have a competely different record and are possibly undeafted.  give the guy a freakin chance, let him have a season with no injuries and a full roster before you start calling for his head.  cause like i said before NOT ONE of you could do what hes doing with the squad he has to work with.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

Yes, there are no moral victories but, last night these guys hussled and played with intensity and passion. WVU may not be a physical team but they have proven with good fundamentals they can beat anyone (The OU game, an absolute clinic and what about Nova?). I think last night's game proves that Mac is a coach but, not a recruiter. He needs to surround himself by people who can recruit. We are literally playing with only 4 players on the court, our players are very hesitant on passing the rock to Capko once on the other side of the court, and with reason! Our basketball situation is somewhat like our football in that both sports lack a descent athlete in a very important position. With a descent PG we could possibly see some upsets. Finally, I don't mind loosing as long as they leave it all on the court, what the hell happen with Bethun Cookman?

Can you believe Capko used to play for the Gators??

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

to say that a team didn't give it their all is ******** especially after how hard we played.

You are giving us too much credit. This is a team who lost to freakin' Buffoon Cookman...do you think any Big East team is going to take us seriously or bring their A-game after hearing that?

last nights game proves that when we do give it our all and have a good night we can compete even with capko as the point guard.

No it doesn't, it proves that when we give it our all, the other team can still beat us with one arm tied behind their back.

i would love to see you jewbull and the rest of the darksiders go out and do any better with the team than rmc is doing right now.  until you can do that, you have no right to critize the team, cause i guarantee you will have a worse record than he has now.

McCullum getting paid a hefty salary for coaching this debacle of a team. There are any number of qualified individuals in the coaching ranks who are capable of recruiting and building up a team over the course of three years.

you never as well as many others here gave coach rmc a chance to show you what he can do.

Three years McCullum has had to prepare for this season. The fact that injuries have depleted this team to the point where it is a laughingstock are testament to his inability to build a competitive team in the Big East. I have not called for his head yet, but at the end of the 06-07 season they should take a good, hard look and decide if it's worth keeping him around.