Looking Ahead..Next Year? Rebuilding?

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Don't we have Indianna transfer (QB) Carter next year or did he quit the team?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• E.T.

• TripleB

• cee

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Don't we have Indianna transfer (QB) Carter next year or did he quit the team?

Gregory ........ and he's still here far as I know.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

thanks, don't where I got up carter...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

Tell her I said hey!!

And the douchebags on this board making a big deal out of nothing are gay!!

:-*

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I read somewhere that CJL "sacrificed" last year in order to have the better team THIS year...to make a grand entrance into the Big East.

But, as the season progresses I'm becoming more concerned about next season. We are kicking butt this year and getting alot of positive press.  I don't want USF to be written off in 06.  We need to have some back-to-back winning seasons to really turn heads.

For those of you down in the nuts and bolts of our roster...what are your thoughts on next year?

Actually, many close to the program felt this year was going to be the transition year as guys developed for 2006 and 2007.  Most felt, including many of the coachees that 2006 and 2007 was the year we started to make some serious noise.  So much for that theory it appears the players had another take and decided to try to do it a year earlier.

The only redshirt guys were Tim JOnes and Johnny Jones, also Jason Allen had a medical redshirt.  Their presence has helped stabilize this defense, but don't make any mistake the future is before us.  Next year we'll have a defensive backfield returning three of four starters.  The linebackers could return all three if Nicholas sticks around for a year, or two of three.  The DL is some rebuilding losing Jones, Royal and Simmons.  However, Tavarious Robinson has really stepped up his play as of late behind Tim Jones, in some games out playing Tim Jones.  Also, behind the ends are some young guns ready to step up in Jarriette Buie, Josh Julmiste, and Selvie.  Expect a few JC additions to only bolster the defense.

We lose three stalwarts on the OL, but return Dile, Springfield, Watson, and Walker- all with starting experience.  Find a good center to fill-in and this thing is good.  Add Amp Hill and you've got a bonified stud receiver.  The running game loses a little with Hall gone, but Ponton and Simpson have shown some great things.

No, things are just getting started.  Mompremier, Gilliam, McCollough, Carlton Hill, Jake Griffin, Tolley, Taurus Johnson, Ced Hill, Jerome Murphy, Buie, and Roberts.  These guys are some real players waiting in the wings.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  147

Offensively, things could be better next year than this year, I believe the QB position will be much improved next year.  Either Julmiste will have to make a big improvement or he will be quickly out played by the young talent and transfers we have.  The loss of Hall will hurt, but could end up being a good thing in a weird way.  Because we won't have one of the best running backs in the country, we will have to become more balanced offensively which could eventually lead to more success.  The biggest question marks will be interior offensive line.  It is always difficult to replace your center.

Defensively, LBs and DBs will only continue to get bigger faster, stronger, and more confident.  The loss of the defensive lineman could be big, but I believe the younger guys will step in nicely, provided they show the work ethic that the older guys have.

Special Teams, should only improve, although punter is a little weary just because he'll be a true freshman.

Coaching, the only real improvement needed is at Offensive coordinator.  But as long as Leavitt is at the controls the BULLS will be in good hands.

As far as the more distant future, with the entry into the Big East and the success we have, and will continue to have, it's going to have a major impact on our recruiting.  Every year should be better than the previous year for at least the next 5 years or so.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

What is really annoying is trying to read a post about football and being interuppted with Message Board Politics

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

I'm sorry I reacted so emotionally, but I think the reason I did is because I feel this is really a much larger problem that involves the whole board.

A really good example is when new posters come on and ask about an on campus stadium. They normally get BERATED for such a simple question.  I know...because I asked once too.  Should they have searched for prior posts on this topic? Yes. (I wasnt aware of the search feature when I first posted)  But, even if they didn't search, is that worth driving away a potential lifelong member of the board?

griggsy, dont let someone like Mike deter you from visiting this message board.. its a great forum to discuss topics.. the problem is that people like MikeB think that if you EVER question USF, its program, or its fans, you should be publicly ridiculed for EVER doubting.. ridiculous if you ask me.. i totally understand what your orignal post was, as it was quoting another source, yet MikeB thinks its a personal attack at the program, CJL, and everyone associated..

we're all USF fans here, we just express ourselves in different manners.  MikeB has tried to run me off this message board because i'm not doing cartwheels and pretending like USF lacks imperfections on and off the field.. but i'm not afraid of him and his propaganda..

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

most expected 4-6 wins and this would be a transition year and 2006 and 2007 would be our years to shine. the young guy's suprised us!

QB will be better pj will cont to improve, and if anyone beats him out they will be better. hope we get the guy for 2007 some major PT.

RB will be as good as the rebuilt O line. ponton will be fine.

the Defence will be better with the LB's anchoring and solid DB's

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

now, as for last year being a rebuilding year-- i certainly think so.. CJL knew that they we're only going to be in c-usa for 1 year anyways, so he took that year as 1 long preseason year, gearing up for this year-- which is why he redshirted seniors and started frosh.. in college football, unlike NFL, i dont think its as cyclical.. as long as you're recruiting-- in 3 years, i think USF will be the cream of the crop, because its basically Florida recruiting talent vs that of Northeast (rutgers, uconn, syracuse, pittsburgh, west virginia) and the Ohio Valley Region (cincinnati, louisville)..

i think, simply based on sheer statistics, we'll have better athletes on the field.. now, the coaching on the otherhand will be a different story.. i think bobby petrino is the best coach in the conference, and leavitt better get his offense in order.  with andre out next year, i think USF will go back to being more of a spread offense, which scares me because julmiste is NOT a good QB without an RB