• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Glaser

GREAT interview with Coach Gregory

Man, I love this guy. So much to look forward to with USF basketball. 

• Upvote 1

Excellent interview. A few takeaways for me around the 34-35 minute mark:

• Openly acknowledges that when rebuilding the program free throw shooting was not a priority - getting players who were tough and could work through adversity was the priority
  • Also says to get to the next level needs to "be much better in those offensive efficiency areas"

Its hard not to like the guy ALOT after hearing him in this type of setting (and not press conferences where we coach-speak) and really hope he can bust through with the group of players he has assembled.

• Upvote 1

This is THE guy for USF basketball.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Excellent interview. A few takeaways for me around the 34-35 minute mark:

• Openly acknowledges that when rebuilding the program free throw shooting was not a priority - getting players who were tough and could work through adversity was the priority
  • Also says to get to the next level needs to "be much better in those offensive efficiency areas"

Its hard not to like the guy ALOT after hearing him in this type of setting (and not press conferences where we coach-speak) and really hope he can bust through with the group of players he has assembled.

warming up to that extension now?

5 hours ago, bcgruber said:

warming up to that extension now?

Warming up tp the coach. I still need to see how far he can take this team next season and if some of last season's weaknesses can be fixed, before an extension is warranted.

If listening to CBG hasn’t always excited you, you haven’t been listening to him.

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If listening to CBG hasn’t always excited you, you haven’t been listening to him.

The pressers have been underwhelming.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The pressers have been underwhelming.

I’ve talked to him a few times in person and he was always engaging, entertaining, knowledgeable about our history and most importantly pretended well enough to be entertained by me.