• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Club Level Access

LrdNorman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Club Level Access?  What is the benefit?  We live way over here on the East Coast and can only attend one or two games a year, but we are interested in trying out Club Level.

Worth it? Better during day games?  Food involved?

Thank you for your help!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You'd have to decide for yourself if it's worth it.  The advantages are:  nice place to hang out pregame and during half time; an air conditioned place to go cool off; lines for the bathroom and concessions are smaller;  more variety of concessions close by.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,626
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

Big TV's in common Club area .... TV's in air conditioned bathrooms

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,894
  • Days Won:  3

A year back, USF changed the ticket pricing policy. Since '97,  you had to donate $X for club access (for some reason, I think it was $1K/yr minimum) and purchase your tickets.  Last year's change in pricing was to attach a 'donation' fee to each 'seat' purchased (rather than the blanket segregation of donation from ticket prices), and as such, club access was associated with your seats purchased. In my case, I bought tickets that had a donation level that granted club access.  

Basically, club access is dependent upon where, in the stadium, your tickets (seats) are located.*

As for "worth it", that's subjective. It's nice; the air conditioning if it's brutally hot (again dependent upon your tolerance for heat) and I'm pretty sure there's a bump in concessions available. If you're sitting in the 200 level, it's close in terms of walking and less crowded compared to the main concourse. If you're only going to one game per year, it'd be worth a visit. For me, I'm there for the game, so much of the club amenities were not a strong selling point. Just me. :iconic_u_black:

* if you're buying individual game tickets , regardless of seat location, I'm not sure 'club access' will be applied to your purchase. Don't know if you can purchase something like that through USF, but Ticketmaster seats in the 'club area' do not have club access. 

Edited by WoolyBully

5 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

A year back, USF changed the ticket pricing policy. Since '97,  you had to donate $X for club access (for some reason, I think it was $1K/yr minimum) and purchase your tickets.  Last year's change in pricing was to attach a 'donation' fee to each 'seat' purchased (rather than the blanket segregation of donation from ticket prices), and as such, club access was associated with your seats purchased. In my case, I bought tickets that had a donation level that granted club access.  

Basically, club access is dependent upon where, in the stadium, your tickets (seats) are located.*

* if you're buying individual game tickets , regardless of seat location, I'm not sure 'club access' will be applied to your purchase. Don't know if you can purchase something like that through USF, but Ticketmaster seats in the 'club area' do not have club access. 

Just as an FYI, you can still obtain Club Access with minimum $1K donation level, no matter where your season tix  are located ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,894
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Just as an FYI, you can still obtain Club Access with minimum $1K donation level, no matter where your season tix  are located ....

OK. I remember there was considerable consternation when the access shifted from donation level to ticket pricing. Now all of the hordes are storming the château with reckless abandon. The access for $1K seems reasonable, dependent upon your seat preference, assuming one wants to sit with the great unwashed but dine amongst the gilt-edged clientele, and I'm just guessing that someone who makes it over for one game per season may not be dropping $1K for air conditioning and a BBQ sammich. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

The air conditioning is a major plus for the Mrs.  Do the concession stands serve the same style of food?  Are the seats more comfortable?  

Sounds like a place to cool off and not be as crowded (which is a great selling point to the Mrs.)

Thank you for the input, everyone!

3 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

OK. I remember there was considerable consternation when the access shifted from donation level to ticket pricing. Now all of the hordes are storming the château with reckless abandon. The access for $1K seems reasonable, dependent upon your seat preference, assuming one wants to sit with the great unwashed but dine amongst the gilt-edged clientele, and I'm just guessing that someone who makes it over for one game per season may not be dropping $1K for air conditioning and a BBQ sammich. :FIREdevil:

If it's just he and his wife he can get into the Club for as little as $640 ..... but still a hefty chunk for a game or two a year, unless he can readily get rid of other games.

BTW, I'm betting I'm one of only a handful on here that actually know who your avatar is.:hippy2:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LrdNorman said:

The air conditioning is a major plus for the Mrs.  Do the concession stands serve the same style of food?  Are the seats more comfortable?  

Sounds like a place to cool off and not be as crowded (which is a great selling point to the Mrs.)

Thank you for the input, everyone!

The seats are a little more comfortable with some padding but not sure about the food being same or not.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The seats are a little more comfortable with some padding but not sure about the food being same or not.

I think the food is the same for the most part, but I think you can get things in the club area that you can't get elsewhere, like the burger bar.