• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Mens Soccer: Schedule released

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Bulls Announce Schedule, Season Tickets on Sale

July 05, 2016
By  USF

TAMPA, FLA., JULY 5, 2016 – Head coach George Kiefer and the University of South Florida men's soccer program announced the 2016 fall slate Tuesday. The team's schedule features 17 matches, 10 matches in the confines of Corbett Stadium. The Bulls will face six opponents that played in the NCAA Championships last season, including the national runner-up.

A total of 11 contests are against teams that finished in the top 100 of the RPI a year ago. Seven different conferences are represented on the schedule including the Big 10 and ACC.

Prior to USF’s season opener, fans will have a chance to watch the Bulls in two exhibition contests. On Aug. 15, USF will host Florida International for a 7 p.m. nightcap, before hosting the University of Tampa in the pair’s annual exhibition Aug. 20.

The Bulls will open the season at Corbett Stadium for the second consecutive year, hosting Big 10 power Michigan on Aug. 26 at 7 p.m.. The Wolverines were a top-50 team last season and finished 8-6-4. USF will remain at home for a match-up against American University Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. before a two-game road swing against ACC opponents.

The month of September is the busiest for the Bulls, who will play eight matches in 27 days. USF will face Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va., Sept. 2 before taking on national quarterfinalist Maryland Sept. 5. This will be the first test against a team that made a run deep into the 2015 postseason. The Terps advanced to the quarterfinals before falling to national runner-up and fellow ACC member Clemson in penalty kicks.

The Bulls return to Corbett for a four-game home stand Sept. 8, hosting Jacksonville followed by San Francisco (Sept. 10), North Florida (Sept. 14) and Buffalo (Sept. 18).

In its first conference match-up of the season, USF travels up I-4 for a night game against rival UCF on Sept. 24. Just a few short days later, the Bulls will end their toughest month with a much anticipated match-up against Clemson. The 2015 national runner-up will enter Corbett Stadium Sept. 27, for a 7 p.m. contest. The Tigers finished the 2015 campaign 17-3-4.

October features six matches, four of which are on the road. The Bulls will travel to Cincinnati Oct. 1, and host Tulsa Thursday, Oct. 6. In its last nonconference contest, the Bulls will travel to Fort Myers to play Florida Gulf Coast. From there, USF will travel to UConn for a rematch of the 2015 American Athletic Conference semifinal. The Huskies finished second in the American Athletic Conference Championship last season and made it to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

The Bulls host Memphis Oct. 22, before traveling to SMU for their last road match of the regular season. The Mustangs finished the season ranked No. 11 after run to the NCAA third round. In the pairs’ only outing last season, USF remained undefeated at Corbett Stadium thanks to a 2-2 draw in a dramatic comeback.

In their final regular season outing, the Bulls will host Temple Nov. 5 at 7 p.m.

The American Athletic Conference Championship boasts a new format, taking only the top-four seeds from the league. The tournament will take place on the site of the No. 1 seed with semifinals taking place Nov. 11 and the Championship Nov. 13.

Season tickets are now available for sale on GoUSFBulls.com. Click HERE for information and to order season tickets.

Story Link

Schedule Link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

What a tough out of conference schedule. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I wish I liked soccer

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I wish I liked soccer

You win the internet today.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

21 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I wish I liked soccer

Focus on the aspects of the game that make it interesting.   That it is a chess game on grass.   Watch the players running off the ball to support the player with the ball and then revel in the beauty of a one touch pass that puts someone in position to take a shot on goal.   

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I always get interested in soccer around World Cup time but recently have been paying attention to preimiere league and some of the better clubs in the world; I really am starting to understand and like soccer. Want to make it out to a couple USF games if I can; just curious how different it is to watch in person vs with great camera angles.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The writer appears to still believe Maryland is in the ACC.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, Rizman said:

Focus on the aspects of the game that make it interesting.   That it is a chess game on grass.   Watch the players running off the ball to support the player with the ball and then revel in the beauty of a one touch pass that puts someone in position to take a shot on goal.   

I've tried.  I still try.  I'll watch for a little bit, every now and then.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, Rizman said:

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I've tried.  I still try.  I'll watch for a little bit, every now and then.

Also have to try and accept the player histrionics as just part of the game ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

It worked for the WWF/WWE.