• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five Question Friday

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

1). Who wins the fantasy three-on-three flag football game these Bulls n their prime?

BJ Daniels, Marlon Mack and Carlton Mitchell

vs

Matt Grothe, Andre Hall and Andre Davis 

2) What would be the "bigger" game at RJS this season?  Facing FSU at 4-0 or facing UCF at 8-3?

3) Do you expect Quinton Flowers' play on the field will be enough to retain the starting job all season, or will we at some point have a non-injury related "QB controversy"?

4) Biggest breakout season, who will surprise more, Elkanah Dillon or Marques Vasldes-Scantilling?

5) What game on the schedule is the closest to the absolute, hands down, can't miss lock for a Bulls win?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

1). Who wins the fantasy three-on-three flag football game these Bulls n their prime?

BJ Daniels, Marlon Mack and Carlton Mitchell

vs

Matt Grothe, Andre Hall and Andre Davis 

Hard call but I would go with BJ's team

2) What would be the "bigger" game at RJS this season?  Facing FSU at 4-0 or facing UCF at 8-3?

4-0 FSU bigger

3) Do you expect Quinton Flowers' play on the field will be enough to retain the starting job all season, or will we at some point have a non-injury related "QB controversy"?

If this doesn't happen, it means QF is winning the games.  This is what we all hope for.  However, if QF has problems I hope CWT doesn't blindly hang on.  To answer the question directly, yes... I think there will be an issue.

4) Biggest breakout season, who will surprise more, Elkanah Dillon or Marques Vasldes-Scantilling?

Hope for both.  Dillon is a beast.  

5) What game on the schedule is the closest to the absolute, hands down, can't miss lock for a Bulls win?

November 5th game

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1. Hard to answer for me, i started following USF in 2006, my freshman year of high school. But I will go with the BJ, Mack, Mitchell team

2. FSU the bigger game, no question

3. No controversy. AW didn't wow anybody in spring ball, so no reason to think he could take the job away from QF, barring a terrible year.

4. I will say Valdes-Scantling will impress much more. Very talented WR, and will give Rodney Adams like playmaker ability. Dillon has the physical tools, but I don't see him breaking out this year. Not sold on the TE position yet

5. UCF game is definitely a win. They suck, and everyone will want to beat the snot out of UCF again

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1. BJ & Mack team.

2. FSU

3. There will always be a QB controversy. Just like 1984 where we have always been at war with Eastasia.

4. On the advise of counsel I exercise my 5th amendment rights.

5. Towson.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1) BJ team

2)FSU

3)no controversy, QF is our guy

4)Valdes-Scantling will have the bigger year of the two, really, really ,really like  Mitchell Wilcox at tight end, kid is gonna be a beast right away

5)Towson

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1.) That's a toughie, which offense are we running? I think BJs team though. Mack and Mitchell are both special.

2.) FSU by far. If both teams are undefeated going into the game it's going to be a great one. The only way I would change is if USF and C. Florida were both ranked and the game was for the division crown; but that doesnt appear so in this scenario (and LOL at C. Florida being ranked this year.)

3.) Have to believe so. Only a huge step backwards or injury will dethrone Flowers. In this offense, it's just hard to believe a huge step backwards will happen. 

4.) M V-S . Dillon and Wilcox will both share the load that Sean Price had , but both get their fair share of stats. M V-S and Adams will go nuts with all of the weapons. 

5.) Has to be Towson? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good ones, Brad. I liked these, and added a #6 because I started thinking...

1. "street ball" type setup, I go with Grothe's team. He & Davis are wow'ers one-on-one, and Hall can hold his own.

2. UCF. I'm gonna be the oddball again and talk in terms of the buildup to CC. If we're close in the end, this game would have more "real" meaning.

3. QF will be fine, no controversy. Surprised we're not all past this...bah, surprise is a strong word.

4. I hope MVS lights it up, but it would be more of a pleasant surprise to see Dillon break out. This would really help open up our offense!

5. Not even a thing--Towson.

6. Which conference game has you the most worried?  For me, it's between that dirty triple-option Navy and Cincy. I go with Cincy because opening up conference play @ Nippert with us having dismantled them last year will make the chip on their shoulder seem more like a whole tree.

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Good ones, Brad. I liked these, and added a #6 because I started thinking...

1. "street ball" type setup, I go with Grothe's team. He & Davis are wow'ers one-on-one, and Hall can hold his own.

2. UCF. I'm gonna be the oddball again and talk in terms of the buildup to CC. If we're close in the end, this game would have more "real" meaning.

3. QF will be fine, no controversy. Surprised we're not all past this...bah, surprise is a strong word.

4. I hope MVS lights it up, but it would be more of a pleasant surprise to see Dillon break out. This would really help open up our offense!

5. Not even a thing--Towson.

6. Which conference game has you the most worried?  For me, it's between that dirty triple-option Navy and Cincy. I go with Cincy because opening up conference play @ Nippert with us having dismantled them last year will make the chip on their shoulder seem more like a whole tree.

:GoBulls:

@ cincy , Navy and @ Temple are the ones I'm the most worried about.

Cincy  comes right after FSU, our first conference game, and they're fixing for revenge. Could easily see a heartbreaking loss to FSU giving the team a hangover going into Nippert. 

Navy and the triple option is just such a difficult offense to defend if you're not used to it and we still aren't. They ran something like 400 yards on us. Yes it was closer than it appeared and they also lose their entire offense but Florida teams and the triple option don't mix (see FSU/GT.)

@ Temple, potentially for the division crowd late in the season. A team also looking for revenge. Anything can happen.

I look at last year and believe what this team can do, but outside of ECU this team didn't have to win a chess match in a close game. I bet we have to play a few more of those types of games and how will they respond?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

). Who wins the fantasy three-on-three flag football game these Bulls n their prime?

Matt Grothe, Andre Hall and Andre Davis -- By a landslide

Unfortunately, for the media, it will be facing FSU but for us and the conf it will be against UCF

Well, on this board there already is a QB controversy, but QF will continue to develop and will be fine.

Dillon

Towson

6) Which conference game has you the most worried?  

All of them