• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics administration changes

Dogma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

---

Kull Named Deputy AD For External Operations

May 17, 2016
By  USF

Former TCU Senior Associate AD Will Oversee External Operations

Barry Clements promoted to Executive Deputy AD

TAMPA, MAY 17,  2016 – The University of South Florida has named Scott Kull, who helped guide unprecedented growth in TCU Athletics over the last 11 years, to the position of Deputy Athletic Director for External Operations, USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan announced Tuesday.

Kull comes to USF following highly successful tenures in athletics administration at TCU and Florida State. He brings nearly 25 years of collegiate athletics experience and an exceptional track record to his role overseeing the athletic department’s external functions of development, communications, marketing, ticket sales, corporate partnerships, broadcasting and digital strategy.

“Scott Kull is a winner, plain and simple,” Harlan said. “He will provide exceptional leadership, creativity and passion to all of our external relation departments. Donors, season ticket members, corporate and community leaders will become familiar with his passion for college athletics and his thoughtful approach to customer service, stewardship and the fan experience.

“I have admired Scott’s career from afar for many years and witnessed how he has played a critical role in the incredible success at TCU. He will bring those experiences with him to USF, which will prove to be invaluable as we continue on our path towards excellence in all that we do.”

Coinciding with the addition of Kull to USF Athletics’ senior leadership team, Barry Clements has been promoted to Executive Deputy Athletic Director with overall department oversight. Kull, in his role overseeing development efforts in athletics, will also have a direct reporting line to USF Foundation CEO Joel Momberg.

“I am very excited about the opportunity to work with such dynamic and visionary leaders as President Genshaft, Mark Harlan, and Joel Momberg,” Kull said. “USF Athletics is positioned for greatness, and I look forward to being part of a team destined to raise the profile of the department locally and nationally. Having lived in Florida for nine years, I am thrilled to become part of the Tampa community. On a personal note, I have family nearby in Fort Myers and the opportunity to be close to them is very exciting.”

Kull previously served as Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Operations at TCU during an exceptional period of growth that saw the Horned Frogs emerge as a national force in collegiate athletics, become a member of the Big 12 Conference and set revenue and ticket sales records. Kull was a key member of a leadership team that raised nearly $260 million for athletic facility projects since 2005 (including $164 million for a football stadium and $72 million for a renovated basketball arena), generated $125 million in giving in the last three years, tripled football season ticket sales to 34,000 with annual revenues exceeding $9 million, and oversaw an 84 percent increase in sponsorship revenues to over $5 million annually.

Kull’s leadership of all of TCU’s revenue contracts saw total revenue increase by $9 million over a seven-year span culminating with $22 million in contract revenue in 2015. He led a team that set all-time program highs in ticket sales as well as attendance and revenue for football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer and tennis. Kull also negotiated a third-tier television rights contract with FOX, put in place a seven-year, $40 million IMG sponsorship and media rights agreement and oversaw initiatives that saw licensing revenue climb to $1 million annually. He accomplished all this while also serving as a highly successful sport administrator for 11 of TCU’s athletic teams.

During Kull’s over two-decades long career in collegiate athletics, he has also held positions at Florida State, Ohio State, Georgia Tech and Florida.

While at Florida State (1997-2005), he rose to the dual reporting role of Associate Athletics Director and General Manager of Host Communications, and was key in establishing a new partnership with Host, one of the nation’s leading collegiate sports marketing companies. In that role, he oversaw annual sponsorship revenue generation of $5 million, was part of an athletics capital campaign that raised $70 million and helped FSU earn 10 national sports marketing awards.

Kull oversaw marketing efforts at Ohio State and Georgia Tech and began his career working in the ticket office and athletic operations at Florida.

A former student-athlete, Kull competed on the football and track and field teams at Otterbein University (Ohio), earning his bachelor’s degree in business and organizational communications in 1990. He went on to earn a master’s degree in sport management from Ohio State University in 1992.

About USF Athletics

USF Athletics sponsors 19 varsity men’s and women’s teams that compete in 11 different sports, 18 competing at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls’ athletic program celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2015 having started with a men’s soccer contest in 1965. Nearly 500 student-athletes train and compete in the athletic district located on the east end of Tampa campus. The Bulls have claimed eight conference titles, so far, in their first three seasons in The American. Eight USF programs reached NCAA post-season competition in the 2014-15 season as USF posted an 83 percent Graduation Success Rate among student-athletes, with 182 earning conference all-academic recognition.

– #GoBulls –

And some humor:

Edited by Dogma
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,065
  • Days Won:  11

so is he helping to get us in the big 12? :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

so is he helping to get us in the big 12? :stirpot:

It sound like he has a good background in drumming up more donors, which can only help get us in an improved conference. We need Tampa to embrace USF with its pocketbooks.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,065
  • Days Won:  11

I was just thinking he may have an in at TCU :D

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,626
  • Days Won:  51

If got a chub reading all the kickass stuff he did at TCU... 

• Upvote 2