• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Courtney Williams WNBA Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

In her first game playing in the WNBA for the Pheonix Mercury, our very own Courtney Williams started the game, scored a team high 15 points, and played a team high 26 min and was instrumental in their first win of the preseason (so far they've played only 1 preseason game).  She' played against Guess Who?!?!?!?! That's right..... Breanna Stewart's Seattle Storm.  She's a beast on the court!

http://www.wnba.com/game/20160504/PHOSEA/#/panel-one

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bullumni said:

In her first game playing in the WNBA for the Pheonix Mercury, our very own Courtney Williams started the game, scored a team high 15 points, and played a team high 26 min and was instrumental in their first win of the preseason (so far they've played only 1 preseason game).  She' played against Guess Who?!?!?!?! That's right..... Breanna Stewart's Seattle Storm.  She's a beast on the court!

http://www.wnba.com/game/20160504/PHOSEA/#/panel-one

Wow that was fast.  Seems like they just finished the NCAA tourney last week.  Great for her!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

That's great! Wonder how Courtney feels about winning now that the talent gap has been eliminated. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's preseason and all, but that's awesome she got to start in her first opportunity. She has what it takes, our girl is gonna shine. And hey, she finally beat Stewart's team!

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Was disappointed looking up Courtney's stats this afternoon. She's the last one off of the bench for the Mercury and not getting any run time through four games. Hope Phoenix keeps losing until they give her a chance to shine. If any recent USF athlete has a chance to make an impact professionally, I would have bet money on her. Man... guess I was definitely wrong on that front thus far. Hang in there Courtney - we know you can play at the next level. Go Bulls! 

Edited by The Sheriff

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I think she's been on the bench not for her lack of ability or lack of impressing the coaches.  I think it has to do more about the return of Diana Taurasi.  She is arguably still the best player in the WNBA, and had signed a Huge amount for playing this year.  I'm sure she will get her chance,

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bullumni said:

I think she's been on the bench not for her lack of ability or lack of impressing the coaches.  I think it has to do more about the return of Diana Taurasi.  She is arguably still the best player in the WNBA, and had signed a Huge amount for playing this year.  I'm sure she will get her chance,

HUGE amount???  She makes like $100k a year in the WNBA.   She makes $1.5million a year playing overseas. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

not a tough transition