Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

  • Members do not see this ad, Register

  • Men's Basketball
    Yuengling Center

    Bulls riding twelve game winning streak
     

    Next: @Char Sat. 3/2, 4 pm, ESPN+

     
      1 2 Total  
    SMU 26 42 68  
    Bulls 34 45 79  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN      
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread - Tickets 
    Last:  Defeated UTSA 66-61
     

USF Football featured on FOX News TB


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Content Count:  16,040
  • Reputation:   2,730
  • Days Won:  41
  • Joined:  01/04/2003

They are at the USF Morsani football complex previewing the spring game. CWT talking with the media and all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,393
  • Reputation:   2,807
  • Days Won:  25
  • Joined:  12/14/2005

Thoughts?

UF had 46,000 at their spring game. FSU had almost 50,000 at theirs, and it was in Orlando!

USF will have_________.

I'll go with 7,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Reputation:   635
  • Days Won:  3
  • Joined:  12/17/2015

24 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Thoughts?

UF had 46,000 at their spring game. FSU had almost 50,000 at theirs, and it was in Orlando!

USF will have_________.

I'll go with 7,000.

What's the general attendance historically? It's different when you already have a stadium that can hold that capacity; but I bet a lot of students show up to the block party//game just because of proximity. Was at the FSU spring game and don't underestimate the amount of alumni//fans in the Orlando//Tampa//St. Pete area that could make that drive; also was a bit more of a spectacle because of the location. I'm more excited for our spring game this Saturday; every fan I encountered at FSU's Spring Game was sleeping hardcore on USF. 

Edited by Ionbull
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Reputation:   1,058
  • Days Won:  18
  • Joined:  08/11/2003

I say 2500.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,393
  • Reputation:   2,807
  • Days Won:  25
  • Joined:  12/14/2005

13 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

What's the general attendance historically? It's different when you already have a stadium that can hold that capacity; but I bet a lot of students show up to the block party//game just because of proximity. Was at the FSU spring game and don't underestimate the amount of alumni//fans in the Orlando//Tampa//St. Pete area that could make that drive; also was a bit more of a spectacle because of the location. I'm more excited for our spring game this Saturday; every fan I encountered at FSU's Spring Game was sleeping hardcore on USF. 

I don't know the actual numbers. Since moving it on campus it seems to be growing every year. Last year the stands were pretty much full with quite a few people around the berms. With the block party I'm guessing we'll have the largest crowd to date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Reputation:   1,266
  • Days Won:  28
  • Joined:  07/12/2013

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I don't know the actual numbers. Since moving it on campus it seems to be growing every year. Last year the stands were pretty much full with quite a few people around the berms. With the block party I'm guessing we'll have the largest crowd to date.

Also there were a lot of people coming and going, since it's more of a casual atmosphere around the training facilities so it's hard to nail down just how came, but fans were more tentative about how we'd fare. After last season, I'd probably add about 2k more to last year's game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Reputation:   461
  • Days Won:  7
  • Joined:  11/28/2010

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Also there were a lot of people coming and going, since it's more of a casual atmosphere around the training facilities so it's hard to nail down just how came, but fans were more tentative about how we'd fare. After last season, I'd probably add about 2k more to last year's game.

That probably means the berms will be full. It might be time to push it out to the track stadium next year-it seats 4k and there's available room alone the sidelines for temporary bleachers if necessary. You can also build out bleachers on the endzone areas of the track. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Content Count:  16,040
  • Reputation:   2,730
  • Days Won:  41
  • Joined:  01/04/2003

OCS ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Reputation:   1,058
  • Days Won:  18
  • Joined:  08/11/2003

Speculation on Spring Game attendance aside, I'm so glad that this was coordinated. I'll presume that Harlan had a hand in this; I don't recall this occurring during the Dougie Fresh regime. We need to really coordinate more things like this with the local media. Anything that helps shift Tampa from reptilian to bovine is fine in my book. :D

Edited by Paisa el Toro
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Reputation:   461
  • Days Won:  7
  • Joined:  11/28/2010

30 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Speculation on Spring Game attendance aside, I'm so glad that this was coordinated. I'll presume that Harlan had a hand in this; I don't recall this occurring during the Dougie Fresh regime. We need to really coordinate more things like this with the local media. Anything that helps shift Tampa from reptilian to bovine is fine in my book. :D

In fairness to Woolard, we did have a Green and Gold bowl in spring 2011 on campus. It was basically a spring game before the spring game. It was played at the track and field stadium, and there were vendors outside. perhaps it's not a pure block party, but it did replicate a lot of that experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.  Registration is free and reduces ads.