• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats to Villanova

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

What a game to watch.  One of the best endings ever. Two big 3s in the final 5 seconds.  I've been a 'nova fan all my life and was almost as nervous watching that game as I am watching the Bulls.  The first USF basketball game I ever attended was when Villanova came to town when they were ranked #2 in the country about 6 or 7 years ago.  Went with all intention of cheering for 'nova but the Bulls kept it close and I was rooting for them by the end of the game.  The Bulls have been my first love ever since.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

makes one wonder how usf can be so bad for so long

1 hour ago, smazza said:

Why?  Took Villanova 31 years to win again.  And prior to that the last Philadelphia school to win was 31 years before that, Lasalle in 1954.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

What a game to watch.  One of the best endings ever. Two big 3s in the final 5 seconds.  I've been a 'nova fan all my life and was almost as nervous watching that game as I am watching the Bulls.  The first USF basketball game I ever attended was when Villanova came to town when they were ranked #2 in the country about 6 or 7 years ago.  Went with all intention of cheering for 'nova but the Bulls kept it close and I was rooting for them by the end of the game.  The Bulls have been my first love ever since.

Agree, one of the best finals I've watched. Both teams had zero quit and I was happy for Villy as a former conference mate, a very memorable finish for sure.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

what a difference 4 years makes. 4 years ago we beat villanova 3 times in the same season on our way to the ncaa tourney. 4 years later they win the national championship.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What a recruiting class

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, smazza said:

Consistent, top notch recruiting classes and one of the best head coaches in the country can do that.

16 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Comparing USF to Nova basketball is laughable.  

Some people just don't get it.  How many basketball championships has FSU won?  LSU?  Didn't they have a guy names Shaq? Here is a list of teams that have won and when. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men's_Division_I_Basketball_Championship#Titles_by_year  A lot of big schools NOT on that list.  Actually USF is on the list.  Just San Francisco with Bill Russell.  We'll be better next year and that's all we can hope for.  Honestly, there will more than likely never be a national championship in football or MBB for USF.  But if we are competitive we get to enjoy college athletics. Sure it is nice to win.  But check with the Villanova fans come March of next year and see what they think their chances are of repeating.  Losing some really good seniors.  

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Happy that Nova won. Been rooting for all Big East, AAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt teams as long as it does not hurt USF.  As USF fans, hope we never forget where we came from. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I only got to see the last few minutes of the game and they were intense! Marcus Paige draining the double clutch...gorgeous. Then the three on the other side...ice cold.

However, as nature tends to do, once it was over I found myself thinking about our team next year. I have seen Malik Fitts and Troy tweet each other and one suggests they have each other's phone number. Team chemistry is important to a young squad with a lack of experience in the locker room. If they can bring that chemistry on to the floor and turn it in to good timing and learning each other's habits early it would be tremendous.