Question for student gov.

No_Willie_Jokes_Yet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

I remember a few years back you all got together and approved 50k for student travel to a potential bowl game if we got the invite.

Why didnt student government appropriate funds to cover the students $4. charge to the game?  I dont think it would have cost all that much.  I saw about 10 students who were in line ahead of me who all came to see the team play but didnt know they would be charged $4.  I know its not alot but it would be something student gov could do for the ladies team.

Just a thought.

Guest Mag P
I remember a few years back you all got together and approved 50k for student travel to a potential bowl game if we got the invite.

Why didnt student government appropriate funds to cover the students $4. charge to the game?  I dont think it would have cost all that much.  I saw about 10 students who were in line ahead of me who all came to see the team play but didnt know they would be charged $4.  I know its not alot but it would be something student gov could do for the ladies team.

Just a thought.

I asked about that 50K fund to see if it was still there had we gone to a bowl game last season and it wasn't there.  So... I don't know.  Hopefully next year it'll be better.  Oh and I was at the game, had a blast, even though I was late since I had to work...boo!

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

the 50k was planned out from extra money SG had at the time. The game cast $4 for students. There was no time to gather funds for the game either. the turnaround time from the announement to the game was too little. FOUR DOLLARS people. quit your ********.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Appropriations for student government take time to get in place.  When the 50k was setup for the potential bowl game, it was done well in advance, there happened to be extra funds available, and there were some very strong pro-athletics student leaders that were able to get the deal setup.  I know, I was the person that spearheaded the plan.

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

MatRat... if you're on student government... you might want to be a little more politically correct when calling your constituents cheap because they don't want to spend $4 on a game for one reason or another. Next thing you know, one of these cheap b_tches will be writing a letter to the editor of the Oracle about how insensitive you are.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

the 50k was planned out from extra money SG had at the time. The game cast $4 for students. There was no time to gather funds for the game either. the turnaround time from the announement to the game was too little. FOUR DOLLARS people. quit your ********.  

Look I am a broke student but I paid the $4. I buy my 8 tickets and I keep my donor level very high.  I am not ******** about the 4 bucks. I was making a query as to if it was possible and why it didnt happen.  The football game money was set up in advance but it took only a few days to get it though. If this couldnt be done becuase it was spring break fine. Just as $4 isnt alot to ask of a student, having student government pay the $4 for students would be a better use of their funds than most groups that make use of their money.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Well Lord Sheriff, I am a former SG senator, i don't have to be politically correct. I was on senate during Mike B's term and i voted for the 50k. As for a student complaing to the oracle about me calling them cheap, they can be my guest, nobody would see it anyway. It wouldn't hurt my feelings :)