Need a confession from Sheriff.....

wagers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Can I put this to rest now?  Will you finally admit that BOTH Graham twins were huge mistakes on not getting them at USF?  Before you would only admit that Joey was good.  I replied that Stephen was just as good.  That was put into question by you.  I said he just needed to get an opportunity with Tony Allen there playing in front of him.  

Both will be in the league and make lots of money.  Too bad Seth didn't have the same foresight as I had back then.  He should have listened.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

My honest opinion is that both would not have progressed to their current level at USF. It is clear they are putting in a lot of hard work and are fortunate to be in a program under a great coach.

:P <-- even Santa gets to say "ugh" every now and then...

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

You're definitely right about both being potential NBA players. Obviously, Joey is a lock and even Seth saw that. He said he didn't have the schollie at the time to offer Stephen, but would've given him one after the first year. The Grahams didn't want to wait... was that Seth's fault or their parents own lack of patience? The year we were recruiting them, did we have other big name recruits we offered first before Stephen? You would know this before me.

You've coached them and could see the potential... but how many high school and AAU coaches sell college coaches on potential stars that become busts. I thought Ronnie Banks would be better than Marquel... wrong answer. The board thought PJ would be our savior. Wrong answer again. I bet their coaches told Leavitt though that they were a dime a dozen ball player though going to the next level. For every Stephen Graham that slips through the cracks, there is a can't miss Diarra that ends up being a bust.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

alot of this is a crap shoot

but wagers was right on

wagers accurately scouted grahams

who are the next great sleepers out there?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Markey....believe it or not...these kids were that good in high school and when we played on the national AAU circuit.  These kids crushed the other states champions and McDonald's All-Americans in the Junior Olympic tourney and I knew they could do this.....it was just sickening that USF didn't jump on this chance.  Sheriff is right, only one schollie was available, but my understanding was that the parents would have waited for Stephen to get his the 2nd year.  Seth just thought they played the same position and thought that would cause problems more than anything else.  Of course the twins WANTED USF first.  You can't say that about too many local kids.

These were the kids on that local AAU team that I coached.  

S. Graham

J. Graham

Nick Smith

Terrance Leather

JR Russell

James Anthony (started 3 years at E. Tenn State)

Jeff James (started as a soph at Butler)

Sredrick Powe

That is some serious missed talent.  JR Russell miss hurts as much as the Graham twins.  He easily could have played both sports here.

I respect the fact you brought up Ronnie Banks.  We all thought he was going to be good.  My admission was that I thought that Mike Williams was going to be too slow to play football (since he is slow compared to hoops players).  My bad there. :)

Still, these kids were at USF camps, Seth knew them....they were great people as well.  Instead, he couldn't find a way to keep them at home, when they wanted to be here.  Just makes me sick.  I know it could have been done if he wanted it to.

Heck, Stephen was being recruited by big schools such as Clemson.  It wasn't like he didn't have any opportunities.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

My honest opinion is that both would not have progressed to their current level at USF. It is clear they are putting in a lot of hard work and are fortunate to be in a program under a great coach.

:P <-- even Santa gets to say "ugh" every now and then...

It was clear even at the last UCF/USF Game...Graham Twins were some of the best players on the court...even as Soph.

It was a joke when some people like Sher and others, that said the Twins weren't even good enough to play at USF...let alone in the CUSA.

KL

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

KL,

You know what is even more strange?? The fact tha UCF became a better basketball team after the Grahams left UCF. That just goes to show people that college basketball is a team sport unlike the NBA. Well, the NBA is starting to show that it is more of a team sport because the Detroit Pistons won the title. I believe that alot of  basketball teams copied Michael Jordan and the Bulls by trying to win on just one or two players instead of a team. I believe UCF had a good year last season because they played more like a team.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

KL,

You know what is even more strange?? The fact tha UCF became a better basketball team after the Grahams left UCF. That just goes to show people that college basketball is a team sport unlike the NBA. Well, the NBA is starting to show that it is more of a team sport because the Detroit Pistons won the title. I believe that alot of  basketball teams copied Michael Jordan and the Bulls by trying to win on just one or two players instead of a team. I believe UCF had a good year last season because they played more like a team.

Remember...the Twins left in 2001-2002.  Last year's NCAA Team at UCF was 2 years removed from the Twins last game.

Yes, team ball was important..but that was mostly due to the Roberto and Dex, 2 JUCO players that we brought in.

Who knows what UCF would of done if they had stayed...but I also think Coack Kirk got better after they left.

KL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

There is no doubt that the twins are material for the league.  Joey is explosive as can be and finishes strong around the basket. Old Greenie really blew it on that one is all that I can say.  

Leather and Graham up front would be one imposing front court to say the least.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Ahh, what could have been...