Yankees and Non-Yankess embrace differences

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so when you move to another town you will therefore by your definition stop liking USF, and now root for the local university in your new town.  NICE!

Also, last time I checked it was called Major LEAGUE Baseball, so they are both teams in the same league, as opposed to one in a League in Japan, and one in a league in the USA.

OH YEAH?!?  :o

Pro teams and colleges are two completely different entities. Apples and oranges. It is quite sad that you cannot see a difference between a university, whose primary reason for existence is to educate, and a professional baseball organization, whose sole purpose is to play baseball and make money doing it.  

A college educates you, the Yankees do not.   I give a donation to USF every year, and would do so regardless of whether USF had any athletic teams or not. I do not donate to any professional team, and would consider anyone who does so to be daft.

As for Major League Baseball meaning only one league, I guess a rose garden has only one rose in it as well ::)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

You laugh at that argument??  Drdanny where are you from?  Probably Tampa where there is no history or dedication to any team or sport, so you wouldnt understand about really liking a pro team.  I am from NY and a HUGE Mets fan.  I moved out of NY, so I should stop liking them? Thats retarded.  Some people like teams because it is embedded in their families.  I remember watching Mets games with my Grandfather when I was 4 years old.  Should I like the D-Rays because i live in tampa now?  Please.

As for the Yankees, you can go into the homes of half of my friends and families and see bedrooms dedicated to Yankees memorabilia. See family and friends of all types and kinds all get together when the Yanks are in the playoffs and World Series.  They have the richest history of any sports team in this country.  Memories in people lives and families since the late 1800s.  Should people just stop liking them because they move to another state for perhaps a college education, job replacement, weather preference, etc??? No way.  For the true Yankeesfans, which I am not, you think you know but you have NO idea.  Steinbrenner is the biggest fan of the Yankees ever.  He just happens to be loaded.  Its the memories and histoy he has that makes it a passion for him to win, so since he can buy the whole league, he will, until you tell him he cannot.  Not his fault.  The man would win mayor of new york city, no doubt about it, he is that loved.  

As for the Minotaur comments about Nyers invading, being loud and arrogant.  I thought you were smarter than that.  C'mon.  New Yorkers are half the reason Florida has grown into the place it is today.  The South?? Florida is not the south it is Florida.  The south ends at Georgia and then there is your transplant state, where noone lived until airconditioning was invented.  So, Your welcome,  from this non-arrogant, very reserved and soft spoken New Yorker.  I am above using the sterotypes for y'aaalllll suuuthhhheennnerrrsss.

As for Bullumni, sorry my friend but the Mets are going to be the New team in NY for the next decade. Let the dynasty begin.  

Im done with these guys (how the great joe pesci would say it in my cousin vinny).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

You laugh at that argument??  Drdanny where are you from?  Probably Tampa where there is no history or dedication to any team or sport, so you wouldnt understand about really liking a pro team.  I am from NY and a HUGE Mets fan.  I moved out of NY, so I should stop liking them? Thats retarded.  Some people like teams because it is embedded in their families.  I remember watching Mets games with my Grandfather when I was 4 years old.  Should I like the D-Rays because i live in tampa now?  Please.

As for the Yankees, you can go into the homes of half of my friends and families and see bedrooms dedicated to Yankees memorabilia. See family and friends of all types and kinds all get together when the Yanks are in the playoffs and World Series.  They have the richest history of any sports team in this country.  Memories in people lives and families since the late 1800s.  Should people just stop liking them because they move to another state for perhaps a college education, job replacement, weather preference, etc??? No way.  For the true Yankeesfans, which I am not, you think you know but you have NO idea.  Steinbrenner is the biggest fan of the Yankees ever.  He just happens to be loaded.  Its the memories and histoy he has that makes it a passion for him to win, so since he can buy the whole league, he will, until you tell him he cannot.  Not his fault.  The man would win mayor of new york city, no doubt about it, he is that loved.  

As for the Minotaur comments about Nyers invading, being loud and arrogant.  I thought you were smarter than that.  C'mon.  New Yorkers are half the reason Florida has grown into the place it is today.  The South?? Florida is not the south it is Florida.  The south ends at Georgia and then there is your transplant state, where noone lived until airconditioning was invented.  So, Your welcome,  from this non-arrogant, very reserved and soft spoken New Yorker.  I am above using the sterotypes for y'aaalllll suuuthhhheennnerrrsss.

As for Bullumni, sorry my friend but the Mets are going to be the New team in NY for the next decade. Let the dynasty begin.  

Im done with these guys (how the great joe pesci would say it in my cousin vinny).

The argument that proves my point.  "Tampa has no history" (they are not a good team) Blah blah blah. "New York has a history" (they have won something) Blah Blah Blah

You CLAIM to love your team, but lets see what arguments you use to move away.

1. going to college:  When most students go to college, they have a local address and a  permanent address.  That means, for the 3+ months that college is not in session, the student does not live in the college town.  They have two residences, and have not really moved.  I am not talking about these people, IF they return after they finish their degree.

2. job replacement:  I suppose every job is NY is filled and no new job will ever open again.  I never knew that.  ::)  Otherwise, someone who loved a team could find another job to stay with his beloved city.

3. weather: LMFAO  This is priceless.  "I love my team, but it is too cold."  Some love.

If you love a team, you find a way to stay.  When you love something, you are willing to make sacrifices for it.  If you are not willing to make sacrifices for it, you do not really love it.  So, you take up the new team in the new town.

What are you going to tell your children/grandchildren when they want to go to a baseball game?  "Grandpa (Dad) loves the Mets, so he won't take you to a local game, except once every 4 or 5 years for interleague play."  Or maybe, "Grandpa (Dad) loves the Mets, but he can't take you to see them play, because he doesn't like the weather in NY". How about "Grandpa (Dad) loves the Mets, but will take you to see a team he doesn't like and you shouldn't either."

The bottom line is if you want to keep the support, keep the location as well.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I have to agree with the yankee fans here... as hard as that is to say...

i think i'm going to vomit   blahshshshshs

thay are still jackoffs   ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

I have to agree with the yankee fans here... as hard as that is to say...

i think i'm going to vomit   blahshshshshs

thay are still jackoffs   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I actually tend to agree with them too on this point because I know if I moved the Tampa Bay teams are coming with me .... mainly because of the extreme emotional sacrifice to stick with them over the years.

I do think, though, that you should raise your kids to support the local teams, though. Let them start their own traditions .....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

As for the Minotaur comments about Nyers invading, being loud and arrogant.  I thought you were smarter than that.  C'mon.  New Yorkers are half the reason Florida has grown into the place it is today.  The South?? Florida is not the south it is Florida.  The south ends at Georgia and then there is your transplant state, where noone lived until airconditioning was invented.

Minotaur was dead-on ............... but so are you.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

DrDanny it is a sports team not a woman.  If you love a woman you will sacrafice to stay where she is, not a sports team.  There are a lot more important things in this world than sports.  I see your point, and i know I will deal with it, I cant tkae my kids to the Mets game but I can order the league pass every year like I do.  

My children will be able to cheer for any team they like.  Most likey it will be local teams due to friends and attending games, which is fine.  But if you think I or anyone is going to have a love for a team i had for 20+ years and then just stop liking them because I moved away, not a chance.  

For college students, what IF they do not return after school, like in my case.  Did I find a hole in the matrix where I am allowed to still like the Mets. and live in tampa.