• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do Priority Points Really Mean Anything Yet??

jjlovecub

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,121
  • Days Won:  1

This is not a complaint at all just more curiosity than anything. Ok so I know Priority Points will mean something someday and yes they had to be used to establish a cutoff point for UF tickets and I understand not everybody got them BUT for the most part people with low numbers of priority points still landed tickets. Is that good or bad? Well I guess it depends on how you look at it: Good - Those who want to go get to go (for the most part) and that is great! Bad: Priority points shouldn't be advertised to us as this great thing that gives you special priviliges. I give because I want to give to USF. However, when I look at Cousin Ricky's post who says he is in the top 500 in priority points and I look at other posts who are nowhere near that and they landed the same tickets he did- I don't know it just doesn't seem right. Why aren't the high point people snatching all the tickets?? If the top 1000 all took theirs...I don't know.  I guess my real hope is that someday soon priority points DO mean something in terms of getting tickets. I kind of want people to get shut out so they realize the importance of the giving process. My uncle gives $5,000 to the Univ of Michigan and he still can't tickets for away games at Ohio State! I don't know just curious if others share my view or have a better perspective on the "current value" of the priority point system.

This is not a complaint at all just more curiosity than anything. Ok so I know Priority Points will mean something someday and yes they had to be used to establish a cutoff point for UF tickets and I understand not everybody got them BUT for the most part people with low numbers of priority points still landed tickets. Is that good or bad? Well I guess it depends on how you look at it: Good - Those who want to go get to go (for the most part) and that is great! Bad: Priority points shouldn't be advertised to us as this great thing that gives you special priviliges. I give because I want to give to USF. However, when I look at Cousin Ricky's post who says he is in the top 500 in priority points and I look at other posts who are nowhere near that and they landed the same tickets he did- I don't know it just doesn't seem right. Why aren't the high point people snatching all the tickets?? If the top 1000 all took theirs...I don't know.  I guess my real hope is that someday soon priority points DO mean something in terms of getting tickets. I kind of want people to get shut out so they realize the importance of the giving process. My uncle gives $5,000 to the Univ of Michigan and he still can't tickets for away games at Ohio State! I don't know just curious if others share my view or have a better perspective on the "current value" of the priority point system.

People DID get shut out of Gators tickets, you know.  I didn't get any, but since I am only a season ticket holder and not (yet) a donor, I have very few points.

Because of the low number of Gators tickets, USF basically decided everyone below Iron Bull gets 2 each.  Now Cousin Ricky will get to sit closer than someone in the 3000's... so they are not "the same" tickets.

It's not the system you should complain about, it's the small size of the fan base that actually donates to athletics.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in the top 100, am a member of the Bulls Club and I feel screwed because I could only get 2 tickets.  You have to give at the Iron Bull $10k per year in order to get 4 tickets to the game.

Personally I would've preferred to have been able to get 4 or 5 tickets (since I have a family of 5) instead of giving more people an opportunity....but I'm selfish like that :-)  Instead I'm letting someone else use my tickets.

USF's philosphy is they want to give more ticket holders a chance to experience the game instead of rewarding those who have had some sort season tickets with USF for 15+ years and give at what most would consider significant levels.

I guess someone has done the analysis and decided it's better to make more people happy and make a few angry.

• Content Count:  560

I'm in the top 100, am a member of the Bulls Club and I feel screwed because I could only get 2 tickets.  You have to give at the Iron Bull $10k per year in order to get 4 tickets to the game.

Personally I would've preferred to have been able to get 4 or 5 tickets (since I have a family of 5) instead of giving more people an opportunity....but I'm selfish like that :-)  Instead I'm letting someone else use my tickets.

USF's philosphy is they want to give more ticket holders a chance to experience the game instead of rewarding those who have had some sort season tickets with USF for 15+ years and give at what most would consider significant levels.

I guess someone has done the analysis and decided it's better to make more people happy and make a few angry.

Unless I am missing something, you would have to be in Iron Bulls Club or higher for you to be in Top 100 of priority points. Last year they reported just over 100 Iron Bulls and I believe it went down slightly this year (there are over 1K UF Bull Gators that give 12K as perspective). Add to that the Mumas, Morsanis and other who have given millions and are sitting probably in the Top 20. Please explain how you would get in the Top 100 without giving at least $10K/year or a couple hundred thousand dollar donation. Your top 100, you are getting 4 tickets. I am Green Jacket, Lifetime Alumni, season tickets since 97, donating to football since 94 and currently sitting around 1100 out of the 24,000+.

• Content Count:  21,468
  • Days Won:  10

They do for me.  I was able to get 2 tickets to UF game because I had enough points.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Priority Points matter now, away tickets, bowl game tickets (under Coach Holtz we may be going to a BCS bowl with 5 years), location of seats at said games. BUT, they will really matter/count if/when we build an OCS.

• Content Count:  1,261

bull2bull - You are about 30% high on your Iron Bull number.  Additionally, several of those could be new donors while I've been donating for 15 years.  Could my cumulative total of donations, points for tickets, etc. be higher than a year or 2 or 3 year old Iron Bull?  Yes it could.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Well...I get a bitchin' Lot 6D parking pass out of the deal  

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Doesn't Omni have MBB tickets as well? That helps the point total out a bit.

• Content Count:  17,066
  • Days Won:  19

Can we get a list of how priority points are awarded.

Archived