• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rest of the Season

Rest of the Season  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, widerberg said:

You used the B word! I haven't thought of a bowl for a while. That would be something. Don't really see it happening, but that would be amazing.

It would have been more of a reality if we beat Tulsa. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Beating Temple only proves we are good enough to beat Tulane in my opinion.

Beat ECU and every other game will feel winnable. They played UCF and Houston down to the wire.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Don’t do this to yourself. Saturday was a great push in the right direction that we all needed. This team will struggle to win 2 more. We’re not beating Houston. If UCF has Gabriel that’s a tough go too. I do think Tulane and ECU are very winnable if we play like we did Saturday and against BYU. 

I did say that the outlook was if we played like we did on Saturday for the remainder of the season. That is the issue with USF this year, you don't which team is going to show up and for how long. NCSt dud, UF dud in the 1st and solid in the 2nd, FAMU solid in the 1st dud in the 2nd, BYU solid all but the 1st qtr, SMU solid all but the 4th qtr, Tulsa same as SMU, and Temple solid minus the opening drive of the 2nd half. If we go back inconsistent play to like we did in the 1st half of the season, we will finish 2-10.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Prior to season starting I was thinking 5 wins. We already lost to Tulsa and that was a win in my mind. "IF" we could take what was on the field Sat and rev it up a notch or two..?? ECU has been playing pretty good plus it's at their place, I give us a 50-50 now. (W) Tulane? prob the same. (W) They can kick into gear just have a hard time finishing, 50-50. Cincy-not..unless they fall apart?? Houston? I think they are on a roll and revved up. Brings me to UCF. "IF" we beat ECU, Tulane along with our 1 conf win, we would be at 3 wins and a gimme. That makes UCF our bowl game. "IF" We go balls to the wall..? I've watched them and I think they are beatable but, they get the home field edge...Maybe a (W)   That gives us 5 total(1 FCS) maybe? just maybe? we get the nod to go to some pity bowl BUT........................it would be a Bowl Game- success for me would be any bowl game this season. Cereal-Toilet-Whatever

The End

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

4-8 back on the table. Something to build on for next year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, widerberg said:

You used the B word! I haven't thought of a bowl for a while. That would be something. Don't really see it happening, but that would be amazing.

No doubt that would be amazing, but we would have to go on an unbelievable turnaround.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Anybody come across the post game press conference?? I've looked around-nada??

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

The beauty of not being a coach or a player is I don't have to try to count my chickens before they hatch.  

When I looked at Game 7 last week, I only thought, oh boy, here we go again, another football season that just rushes by.  Soon we'll be staring down a counter that says "Only 246 days until Football"  

Slow down, enjoy the moments.  That's what made the first several years fun for me.  Take nothing for granted.  But enjoy the game.  Let the wins come as they shall, enjoy being immersed in football.  It soon will be gone.

Such is the issue with fanaticism. Only sports could create preseason predictions that ranged from 2-3 wins up to someone thinking 11 wins was on the table. That then leads to overreactions about the teams performance when they are living up to  "expectations." The Tulsa loss was painful and I hope the coaches (and players) learned from it. My only fear against Temple was a hangover effect from the Tulsa debacle, and that fortunately did not play out. We may look back at that play by Chris Carter running down the Temple defender as the "QF v. Cuse" moment for this squad. I am just happy that we finally won a conference game and am cautiously optimistic about our chances on Thursday. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

The beauty of not being a coach or a player is I don't have to try to count my chickens before they hatch.  

When I looked at Game 7 last week, I only thought, oh boy, here we go again, another football season that just rushes by.  Soon we'll be staring down a counter that says "Only 246 days until Football"  

Slow down, enjoy the moments.  That's what made the first several years fun for me.  Take nothing for granted.  But enjoy the game.  Let the wins come as they shall, enjoy being immersed in football.  It soon will be gone.

****, that's beautiful ....