• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

16 hours ago, FarEastBull said:

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Have no idea what the prior post means, so "I think we have a failure to communicate."

Nicely played ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I wasn't too impressed with Kean's limited appearances last year, but he apparently gained some velocity over the offseason and looks better.  At least, that's what "they" say.  Last year I thought Oladokun was more likely the heir to QF's throne, but it's looking more 50/50 now.

2 hours ago, beastiebull said:

I was hoping Oladokun would leave Kean in the dust.  Kean was unimpressive to say the least in limited playing time last year.  Just having a rifle arm can't compensate for lack of composure, inability to read defenses,  or having the yips.  Not saying he can't overcome that and hopefully he has.  (I have not seen him practice this year.)

When I first saw Kean play in the spring game last year I was really impressed.  He seemed much better that Woulard.  I had really high hopes.

He seemed to plateau to me when I saw him in the games.  Kind of reminded me of Bench 2.0.

I hope I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

After watching this year's spring game I think Oladokun is better than Kean. Too often Kean throws up a prayer while backpedaling in the pocket. Oladokun looked way more composed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, MMW said:

When I first saw Kean play in the spring game last year I was really impressed.  He seemed much better that Woulard.  I had really high hopes.

He seemed to plateau to me when I saw him in the games.  Kind of reminded me of Bench 2.0.

I hope I am wrong.

Agree, I was expecting more during games last year. I realize that it was mop up duty and a no win Temple situation, but still thought he would do a little more. Maybe he made the jump in improvement during the off season. Will see...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Perhaps we can wait until he actually plays multiple consecutive series of downs before we judge him. Just perhaps. As a QB you need to get into a rhythm. He only had one game in which he was in long enough to even get settled under center. I'll wait until he's in for more then three sets of downs in a row before I begin to scrutinize him and I don't mean in mop up duty.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Kean looks like he knows the playbook and is great in practice. His first collegiate throw was a 40(?) yd TD to Wilcox, albeit against Towson. His only other appearances in garbage time I recall were Cincy and Navy and both the playcslling was incredibly vanilla. Can't just him in the Game, being thrown into that situation is impossible.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Perhaps we can wait until he actually plays multiple consecutive series of downs before we judge him. Just perhaps. As a QB you need to get into a rhythm. He only had one game in which he was in long enough to even get settled under center. I'll wait until he's in for more then three sets of downs in a row before I begin to scrutinize him and I don't mean in mop up duty.

While you're busy doing that, I'm going to jump to wild conclusions based on absolutely nothing but the handful of passes I've seen him throw over 3 years and my football expertise gleaned from being a ****** fullback for a couple of high school season 25 years ago.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Hope he gets some playing time this year.  That is a blowout. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

45 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Hope he gets some playing time this year.  That is a blowout. 

Hope he gets mop up duty in every game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Azmodi said:

+1.

2nd stringers don't get a lot of reps during the season so hard to judge a kid based on a few series.

• Like 1