• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't....Stop...Laughing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think what he means is it's more fun watching a football game in a half empty OCS than a three quarters empty NFL stadium. Whatever. I think the main thing that matters is the cost to the school, which is more detrimental to the bottom line of the athletic department in that situation. Some token measure of greater enjoyment is felt by some fans, but endangers the viability of the department, I don't think it's worth it.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,454
  • Days Won:  422

We would be lucky to have a stadium like UCF's. Playing off campus in a half empty NFL stadium is an awful experience.

Half empty?

The last thing Kanigit fan should be talking smack about is attendance after the embarrassment of yours last year ...

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Ucf barely has 30,000 in the stands...in that picture.

What a joke.

I can think of 40-59 stadiums that are easily better and guaranteed to be structurally sound ....and with water fountains.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Clearly that was "written" by someone in Central Florida.  That stadium is absolutely horrible. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

Been to one game at the UCF stadium...It was mostly full on the inside with a lot of people on the outside.  Tailgating was big, it was a loud crowd (louder than when they came to ECU last year)...and the bouncing was fun actually-it added to the atmosphere.  I am partial to my new school, but I have no/heard no complaints about the stadium experience there aside from the USF contingency...and no problems getting water there??? I'm sure there's a story behind that, I had a good time though. 

I haven't been to a USF game yet, but I will be at the game when USF comes to town November 7th.  Just for reference, I have been to a few college games aside from Florida ones, and I would say that just because a school might be in a power conference does not mean that they have a better experience.  I would rate the UCF one as my third favorite behind the Neyland Stadium experience in Knoxville then Sanford Stadium in Athens so far...mainly due to the bouncy seats (which oddly catch flack here) and the tailgating experience-which showed the potential such a large school has.  I am excited for the opportunity to go to the Pitt vs Louisville game Nov 21st.  I hope its not too cold, looking forward to something different.

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

We would be lucky to have a stadium like UCF's. Playing off campus in a half empty NFL stadium is an awful experience.

Half empty?

The last thing Kanigit fan should be talking smack about is attendance after the embarrassment of yours last year ...

Not sure where thus is based, attendance was not terrible...

Total attendance

2014 227.8K  37.9 avg

2013 252.5 K  42K avg

2012 207.6K 34.6  avg

2011 205.6K   34.2K  abg

all 6 game jome seasons.

Half empty?

Not sure where thus is based, attendance was not terrible...

Total attendance

2014 227.8K  37.9 avg

2013 252.5 K  42K avg

2012 207.6K 34.6  avg

2011 205.6K   34.2K  abg

all 6 game jome seasons.

Just talking about last year ... the year following the best one in the history of the program, undefeated in conference, a win over a P5 conference champion in a BCS bowl and you couldn't sell out 1 measly game, with an announced attendance average of less than 40K ... Come on, fnf, that's pathetic and you know it. There's no excuse for that. Personally, I think the whoring out for the PSU game in Ireland came back to bite them in the ass. That place would/should have been packed and jacked up for that home opener, with a better chance to win to boot.

Well PSU told GOL, we will buy our the game in O town, or we can go to Ireland for more $. What would you do? Go to the bank. UCF does not have the B East   dissolution funds.

Blake gone, Storm gone, 44K against Bethune, not too bad. Student attendance is plummeting in Div 1, say what you will, UCF did ok. Student section is always full, season tic sales are up year over year over year....things could be much worse. 

Game 1   last year, 44.5 vs. Bethune. Not shabby. 30.9 vs SMU which  even I didn't look forward to....not to mention Tulane....35K.......snoozer even with Montana's son failing to count downs. Saw Joe post game , douche. Not a nice person. And I have  signed game worn Joe Jersey in  my office....that is for sale for not much money.....BTW. Total Jerk.

Pathetic, nope. I call a spade a spade, it was not terrible. This year.....oh boy. Slow start....oh boy X 2.

Well PSU told GOL, we will buy our the game in O town, or we can go to Ireland for more $. What would you do? Go to the bank. UCF does not have the B East   dissolution funds.

Blake gone, Storm gone, 44K against Bethune, not too bad. Student attendance is plummeting in Div 1, say what you will, UCF did ok. Student section is always full, season tic sales are up year over year over year....things could be much worse. 

Game 1   last year, 44.5 vs. Bethune. Not shabby. 30.9 vs SMU which  even I didn't look forward to....not to mention Tulane....35K.......snoozer even with Montana's son failing to count downs. Saw Joe post game , douche. Not a nice person. And I have  signed game worn Joe Jersey in  my office....that is for sale for not much money.....BTW. Total Jerk.

Pathetic, nope. I call a spade a spade, it was not terrible. This year.....oh boy. Slow start....oh boy X 2.

Bethune's an hour away, with a band that draws almost like FAMU. Sugar coat all you want but after that year, the attendance should have been much much better ... if they had no chance at all at playing PSU at home then that was a very unfortunate set of circumstances that could help explain the, yes, pathetic showing ....... nice job, though, on the "plummeting student attendance" reference.

Trip.Go gettem brother.