• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

Sure hope they have a grad transfer they can pick up. If the QBs become more mobile, at some point these guys are going to get dinged up or worse. Need at least one more guy to go to just in case. If not then we are back to throwing an inexperienced, true freshmen into the fire again.

Would a grad transfer be able to learn the whole offense by game day? Seemed to be a concern in the past.

I really doubt it.

It's gunna be Flowers.  If he can't win 6 games with him, we're just as screwed next year with or without Taggart.

Yeah, that's what they were saying on the radio during the spring game. That's why it was surprise that White and Bench were on the same team, they were fighting for the backup. So hopefully Bench stays. Also , i think we are forgetting Brett Kean, you never know, he could come in here and tear it up and end up the next MG.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers has to be the guy. Bench is nice to have as a backup who has a similar style. Though Willie knows he needs to win now. So if he thinks Bench would be even a tad better, he's not going to worry about Q's development. Won't do him any good if he's fired.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Best of luck to White. I wonder if he gave any thought to staying and joining baseball, or if USFs baseball team is full, or he still just wants to stick with football?

He could probably find a nice landing zone in a SunBelt or C-USA type school. Don't know if he would be allowed to hit up another AAC school.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

April Fools Joke?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Great. Maybe he can go to a school that offers an Offense that suits his talents. Hey maybe, Stanford or Michigan

Michigan isn't a likely landing spot, as they took a transfer from Houston QB, John O'Korn.

I can think of another reason Michigan isn't a likely landing spot and it has nothing to do with who else is QB there.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

From a football standpoint for White, it's not a bad move. He still has a redshirt he can use at his new school and not really lose any eligibility.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

IT was obvious that he was not fit for this new offensive style that requires a mobile QB.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

That is rather shocking to me.  Though it did seem that he had fallen behind the other two.

i'm with you on this one

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Best of luck to White. I wonder if he gave any thought to staying and joining baseball, or if USFs baseball team is full, or he still just wants to stick with football?

He could probably find a nice landing zone in a SunBelt or C-USA type school. Don't know if he would be allowed to hit up another AAC school.

If i remember correctly, you basically lose two years instead of just sitting one.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sure hope they have a grad transfer they can pick up. If the QBs become more mobile, at some point these guys are going to get dinged up or worse. Need at least one more guy to go to just in case. If not then we are back to throwing an inexperienced, true freshmen into the fire again.

Would a grad transfer be able to learn the whole offense by game day? Seemed to be a concern in the past.

I am not talking about as a starter. I meant as a 3rd stringer. I am not a fan of having to throw a true freshmen in unless absolutely necessary.

Grad transfer probably wouldn't come here unless given a fair shot at winning the starting job, but I still think Taggart is in a situation that he needs the best guy available.

I didn't see the spring game, but considering the performance of our offense the last 2 years. A 10-9 score plus the passing stats I saw doesn't exactly give me a lot of confidence that what we have now is going to be that much better.