• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Again, call John. I spoke with him yesterday. 

The bottom line is the donations are being dispersed on a per ticket basis for at least football and men's and women's basketball. Once you've made all of your ticket purchases, you can make up any difference in donation by contributing to the Bulls Club directly. The Bullls Club appears to be aware that this could mean an actual loss during the transition period and is good with that. 

My understanding is that the priority points still apply based on contribution level.

We should be receiving something in the mail next week or the week after regarding renewals. 

Also, if you wish to upgrade your seating, you must wait until the renewal period is over, tentatively April 15, and your upgrade requests will be processed in order based on existing priority points. 

Finally, if your rep was Austin Gantz, you will have a new rep. Austin left for greener pastures.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting that it seems the east-side sections are the same price as their respective sections on the west side.  Weren't they always less expensive due to the sunburn factor?  Wonder if the Easties will make a mad dash to the west.  If that happens, we may still have a visual attendance problem on tv...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,209
  • Days Won:  422

Are we sure that the old levels are still in play? Will the total contribution for the old level benefits (besides section location) still be the same?

Not positive but pretty sure.

Yes. I confirmed with them that this is the case. All the levels and associaterd benefits remain

We haven't received our package, but reading all of this, I'm a little confused. I'm a Green Jacket donor, so does the per seat donation replace that donation? Do you get Club Access with a $150 donation?

Your per seat donation goes toward your Green Jacket level.  If you want to sit in one of the green shaded areas, you'll pay $150 per seat.  Multiply that times your number of seats (eg. 6 seats x 150 = $900).  If you don't buy basketball seats you just need to donate another $100 to get to your GJ level.

Just to clarify for BDYZR about the Club Access .... If you buy 2 tickets in the green shaded area, you will have Club Access even if you don't donate another dime ... even though you'd only be donating $300 (2 seats x $150). To get what other perks come with the $1000 Green Jacket level, you need to donate an additional $700 to the Bulls Club.

All the season ticket seats sold in the yellow, red and green sections automatically come with Club Access no matter what the total donation level comes up to.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  1

Are we sure that the old levels are still in play? Will the total contribution for the old level benefits (besides section location) still be the same?

Yes. I confirmed with them that this is the case. All the levels and associaterd benefits remain

We haven't received our package, but reading all of this, I'm a little confused. I'm a Green Jacket donor, so does the per seat donation replace that donation? Do you get Club Access with a $150 donation?

Your per seat donation goes toward your Green Jacket level.  If you want to sit in one of the green shaded areas, you'll pay $150 per seat.  Multiply that times your number of seats (eg. 6 seats x 150 = $900).  If you don't buy basketball seats you just need to donate another $100 to get to your GJ level.

Just to clarify for BDYZR about the Club Access .... If you buy 2 tickets in the green shaded area, you will have Club Access even if you don't donate another dime ... even though you'd only be donating $300 (2 seats x $150). To get what other perks come with the $1000 Green Jacket level, you need to donate an additional $700 to the Bulls Club.

All the season ticket seats sold in the yellow, red and green sections automatically come with Club Access no matter what the total donation level comes up to.

Seems like a very overcrowded Club area is upon us. I would say that the Club is the main perk with the GJ level. Hard to see anything else of great benefit that would make many jump to that level that might have tried prior. Really hope I'm wrong and just trusting that they know what they are doing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,209
  • Days Won:  422

Seems like a very overcrowded Club area is upon us. I would say that the Club is the main perk with the GJ level. Hard to see anything else of great benefit that would make many jump to that level that might have tried prior. Really hope I'm wrong and just trusting that they know what they are doing.

I was thinking the same thing about the overcrowded aspect and the possible downsizing as far as donations go since you'll be able to gain access to the Club for as little as $300 for 2 seats. The only other real perk now of the $1000 level is the hoops lower bowl seating, across from the Club ... and that will also probably change when the new hoops seating plan come out. One thing for sure is that once the renewal deadline passes, the reps will be swamped working on relocations.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like i have a missed call or two from USF (had to google the phone number as a message was not left) wonder if it had to do w/ season tickets, and my seats being removed and trying to relocate me...I'm poor and cant afford a large donation level and had 7 or so others in my group that are casual fans and/or didnt attend USF...so in my case might be an increase and loss of tickets :/

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,678
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone know when the renewal deadline will be? Mid-March or later?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730

I think this cuts several ways.

Based on the deal we inked back in '97, my seats were in the $1K/GJ section, however, having been a ground-floor sort of guy, I was grandfathered in @ $100. I've gotten pretty fair mileage out of that thus far. As for 'priority points' and such, I never found myself wanting for tickets, so part of that may just be demand. I dunno. I do know, however, that even at the Bullseye level, I was pretty surprised at where I was on the points totem pole...just sayin'.

Now that USF is restructuring the donor~ticket relationship, and we have to make decisions about whether we move forward with this, there are some things to consider. To begin with, the cost of my four season tickets will escalate from an expense of approximately $850 per season to $1,600 per season...nearly doubling, due mostly to a six-fold increase in donor fees. So, if there is an expectation of continuing to purchase tickets in light of the past four years performance (I'm obviously not as altruistic as some) , CA makes the decision more palatable. For us - and there are more than a few in at the OG rate - CA is a selling point.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

The difference seems to be per seat donation vs one donation for what, up to 8 seats? It will probably net more money for USF and be cheaper for people who want only 2 or 4 tickets to get better seats. The donation grandfathering will probably be gone, too.

Go Bulls!

I'm thinking that may be a part of it ... Just hope it does end up netting more money rather than less.

I was thinking in those terms as well.  

Just a quick calculation, based solely on what the diagram shows, my expenditure for season tickets looks like:

For the 2014 season,  $830 compared to about $1.6K in '15...an increase of $770 (assuming donation grandfathering is removed).

If, on the other hand, grandfathering in at the old donation level IS NOT removed, the cost would be $1.1K (an increase of $270).

That's the numbers I came up with based solely on my interpretation of the diagram. 

Bless you and anyone else that has the stomach to be spending about a grand on the football that has been played recently.. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

AAC football is worthless.  It has been an additional burden that USF, already in a wretched down cycle, has had to sell the garbage AAC as entertainment.

When nobody wants to be there its a jail, not a conference.

#indyordie

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1