• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Tix Renewal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bull Daly isn't the most rational person on the board these days.

Pricing looks good, and not being stuck in section 138 (staff) sounds even better

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

The difference seems to be per seat donation vs one donation for what, up to 8 seats? It will probably net more money for USF and be cheaper for people who want only 2 or 4 tickets to get better seats. The donation grandfathering will probably be gone, too.

Go Bulls!

I'm thinking that may be a part of it ... Just hope it does end up netting more money rather than less.

I was thinking in those terms as well.  

Just a quick calculation, based solely on what the diagram shows, my expenditure for season tickets looks like:

For the 2014 season,  $830 compared to about $1.6K in '15...an increase of $770 (assuming donation grandfathering is removed).

If, on the other hand, grandfathering in at the old donation level IS NOT removed, the cost would be $1.1K (an increase of $270).

That's the numbers I came up with based solely on my interpretation of the diagram. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

Also, if you're a hoops season tix holder, I think the same set up is going in place so there will be donation amounts built in there, too.

This is correct. MBB and WBB will be moving to the same type of ticket model for '15-'16.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Typical USF in that they cant figure out the new seating. You can see this will be a mess when USF gets that OCS. So consider this all trainning for the next big thing.

:facepalm:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The difference seems to be per seat donation vs one donation for what, up to 8 seats? It will probably net more money for USF and be cheaper for people who want only 2 or 4 tickets to get better seats. The donation grandfathering will probably be gone, too.

Go Bulls!

I'm thinking that may be a part of it ... Just hope it does end up netting more money rather than less.

I was thinking in those terms as well.  

Just a quick calculation, based solely on what the diagram shows, my expenditure for season tickets looks like:

For the 2014 season,  $830 compared to about $1.6K in '15...an increase of $770 (assuming donation grandfathering is removed).

If, on the other hand, grandfathering in at the old donation level IS NOT removed, the cost would be $1.1K (an increase of $270).

That's the numbers I came up with based solely on my interpretation of the diagram. 

On the other hand, look at the prime areas. say 110 and 111. Those used to run a donation level of $3500-$5000 depnding on where in there you sat. Now you can get 4 tickets in those sections for a donation of $1000. ($250 a seat). 210 and 211 use to be a $10,000 donation and now it is $400 per seat. That is a HUGE price drop.  

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Wow that's a great point. 4 tickets in section 110-111 for $2000. USF Athletics certainly reduced prices, indicating they are responsive to fan feedback and realistic about the product on the field as it relates to the price the market will bear. This makes me wonder, however, if prices would be likely to rise in the event of a much more competitive product.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Wow that's a great point. 4 tickets in section 110-111 for $2000. USF Athletics certainly reduced prices, indicating they are responsive to fan feedback and realistic about the product on the field as it relates to the price the market will bear. This makes me wonder, however, if prices would be likely to rise in the event of a much more competitive product.

What USF needs to worry about is that people will make the extra donation to be a GJ, Silver Bull, Iron Bull, etc.  If people are only interested in football, they'll get their mid field seats if they want, pay $400 donation per and don't need to pony up the extra $8K (depending on # of seats you buy) or whatever.  A bit of a gamble, but it will be nice to have people actually sitting in the seats at midfield.

My understanding is that you will total your seat donations from football and basketball and then contribute the additional to get to whatever level you want to be at the Bulls Club.  Priority points will still be in play if an OCS ever comes into existence.

Example: 8 seats at midfield x $400 gets you to $3,200.  Another $300 and you're a Silver Bull. 

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

What USF needs to worry about is that people will make the extra donation to be a GJ, Silver Bull, Iron Bull, etc.  If people are only interested in football, they'll get their mid field seats if they want, pay $400 donation per and don't need to pony up the extra $8K (depending on # of seats you buy) or whatever.  A bit of a gamble, but it will be nice to have people actually sitting in the seats at midfield.

My understanding is that you will total your seat donations from football and basketball and then contribute the additional to get to whatever level you want to be at the Bulls Club.  Priority points will still be in play if an OCS ever comes into existence.

Example: 8 seats at midfield x $400 gets you to $3,200.  Another $300 and you're a Silver Bull. 

I agree with you. I think this is a gamble. You can sit in the main sections now for far less. I am by no means saying that I am going to reduce my giving but if I wanted to I could reduce my annual donation by a ton and keep all my seats. Again - the seats are not my primary reason for giving but is a nice perk. You have to think they believe this will lead to an increase in donations. Incidently I am also a Michigan football season ticket holder and this is exactly how they do thier donations per seat per sport.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

I agree with you. I think this is a gamble. You can sit in the main sections now for far less. I am by no means saying that I am going to reduce my giving but if I wanted to I could reduce my annual donation by a ton and keep all my seats. Again - the seats are not my primary reason for giving but is a nice perk. You have to think they believe this will lead to an increase in donations. Incidently I am also a Michigan football season ticket holder and this is exactly how they do thier donations per seat per sport.

Those were my initial concerns also but I do think, and hope, that the vast majority of the ones at your level are of the same mind as you. They're donating those amounts to help USF, not to get good football seat locations.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I harped on Athletics in numerous of their surveys to lower donor levels to get into better seats.  It's an absolute sham that these seats can be bought on Stub Hub for practically nothing, but if a blue blood USF fan wants to get into them they have to pay face value (generally much higher than the stub hub price) plus a massive donation.

I urged at length that fans may upgrade tickets to better sections / up donations slightly for much better seats.  I suppose I'll need to put my money where my mouth is, but on the surface I like the idea.  Are there drawbacks? Sure potentially a donor may decrease their donation.  I think there's more potential for fans to increase donations slightly and actually fill the seats.