• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Orlando Sentinel Ranks State's Classes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Also, with the exception of the 4* DB, isn't UCFs class, "littered with three-star prospects" too?

I guess one 4* is enough to skyrocket you from a C- to an A- .....man I wish my classes worked that way

• Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I cant beleive I gave this guy's site a "click"

Don't bother giving this guy traffic

Here's the rundown

GRADES:

UF: A+

What a day for the Gators and new head coach Jim McElwain. Not only did UF land the nation's top offensive lineman in Apopka's Martez Ivey and the No. 2 defensive end in CeCe Jefferson...

FSU: A

It's hard to knock the No. 3 recruiting class in the country even though the Seminoles lost a couple of quality prospects leading up to signing day. The wealth of talent on the signees list, however, will ease the pain.

UCF: A-

Coach George O'Leary said this might be the most talented group the Knights have signed since he's been at the school.

UCF brought in its normal crew of under-recruited yet talented prospects, and in Miami, it wasn't exactly the greatest day.

MIAMI: C+

The Hurricanes saw a flurry of decommitments late due to rumors about the coaching staff's job security. Running backs Dexter Williams and Jordan Scarlett were the deepest blows, but the ‘Canes also failed to keep some big-time talent at home in Miami.

USF: C-

The Bulls needed a strong class to help make a move this season. The recruiting path coach Willie Taggart predicted he would blaze is littered with three-star prospects and some players no one else wanted.

To a UCiF fan the words "George O'Leary said...." roughly translates to "And so the Lord proclaimed....."

If GOL said it, it must be true.

Edited by RedBull13

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Wait.  According to 247 Sports, USF finished with the best recruiting class in AAC.  Cincinnati was second and UCF third.  For that, this guy gives UCF an A- and USF a C-.

Seriously, how can anyone justify that.  I mean, how can that be justified in any way, shape or form.  I could see him giving them identical grades since both classes were similar, but on what planet would you rank UCF's that much ahead of USF's.  What is this guy's problem? 

• Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

I'd give our class a C+. We needed a good QB and didn't get one. If we got one, a solid B/B+. It wasn't a very exciting class, just solid. UCF's is just a little better in terms of qulaity than ours, but not A- quality.

so getting a QB that played for the #3 high school team in the country last year and who won a state title at the highest level in the state of Ohio wouldn't be considered solid? He holds their records for most TD passes in a season as well as in a career. He had 32 passing and 11 rushing TDs his junior year according to go usf bulls.

Seems like he could be a Grothe type QB. overlooked because of his size. The MAC programs were all over him. there have been some **** good college QBs that have come out of there.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Now if SOMEONE would/could just coach'em up to their potential. I think we got everything we needed in this class. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

I wish we had guys writing articles in Tampa blowing the same kind of smoke about USF.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

having UF over FSU is comedy

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'd give our class a C+. We needed a good QB and didn't get one. If we got one, a solid B/B+. It wasn't a very exciting class, just solid. UCF's is just a little better in terms of qulaity than ours, but not A- quality.

so getting a QB that played for the #3 high school team in the country last year and who won a state title at the highest level in the state of Ohio wouldn't be considered solid? He holds their records for most TD passes in a season as well as in a career. He had 32 passing and 11 rushing TDs his junior year according to go usf bulls.

Seems like he could be a Grothe type QB. overlooked because of his size. The MAC programs were all over him. there have been some **** good college QBs that have come out of there.

I've watched his tape and have seen his offers. I think he is okay, like White. So, no, not in my opinion.

• Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

I've watched his tape and have seen his offers. I think he is okay, like White. So, no, not in my opinion.

you are one of those recruiting guys who thinks they can evaluate a guy by his offers and a few 3 minute videos. that's why rivals is such a joke. 

Fact is bigger schools won't recruit a QB if he doesn't have the size. It's why we were able to land both Grothe and Daniels. not sure what your definition of solid is but don't expect us to win a QB battle for a 4 or 5 star against any big program.

getting a 2 year starting QB from the top team in Ohio (#3 team in the country according to max preps) who holds 10 offensive records including most TD passes in a game, season and career would be considered a solid get for a program that has won 6 games in 2 years. If this guy were 4 inches taller he would be a top 5 prospect.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

*sniff sniff* I smell bias.

Come on guys, its the ORLANDO sentinel talking about USF/UCF football. You'll find more truthful articles in The Onion lol

the Sentinel hasn't exactly been fair to UCF in many instances...

I think how much recruiting is getting covered is silly to begin with but the QB Bo out of Dallas that committed to UCF looks to be the real deal and on paper is the best QB to commit to UCF under GOL. I think in a few years everyone will see that  and he gives UCF 3 QBs with all the physical tools and size(>6'3, big arm, & athletic).

USF has a good class, probably the best in the conference but there is still a huge question mark at QB for you guys. Most of your own fans would agree White is not durable or consistent enough to win the conference and Flowers could easily be playing a different position by the end of next season. I'm surprised Taggart hasn't brought in at least 2 more QBs with your last 2 classes with his job on the line.

Jimbo Fisher at Florida State is going to run the State in recruiting for a while. I don't see the new coach at UF ever pulling in classes at that level

• Upvote 1