• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

14th best WR in the nation just committed to...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

InternetFight.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Finally ventured into this buffoonery and of course you got him .... We didn't want him.

One thing I did note is that he was only the 3rd Floridian commit/signee of this class for the Kanigits ... That's probably a pretty good strategy if you have the scouting network to do it justice.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I thought cwt is a great recruiter

that the only thing I hear positive about cwt

I did see today that USF is ranked #1 in the AAC.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I thought cwt is a great recruiter

that the only thing I hear positive about cwt

I did see today that USF is ranked #1 in the AAC.  

e55442708b2588f50623e483e144859b.450x371

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Finally ventured into this buffoonery and of course you got him .... We didn't want him.

One thing I did note is that he was only the 3rd Floridian commit/signee of this class for the Kanigits ... That's probably a pretty good strategy if you have the scouting network to do it justice.

MrETJlS.jpg

Major P5 programs like UF, UM, and USC want him, but USF with all of their prestigious zero conference championships and zero end of season rankings didn't want him.

OK. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

UCF on the same level academically? They're a degree mill.

There's a reason we have more grad students (despite being smaller) and 3x the endowment / research expenditures (... despite being smaller). Get your head out your ass if you think UCF is on a level playing field with us academically. They compare more favorably to FAU and FIU.

16 year old's SAT scores may be negligibly better for UCF, however the research money institutions POUR into USF isn't even close. What's more indicative of academic success?

Really, you don't think the endowment has more to do with having a medical school for so long compared to UCF?  Truth is, with UCF's Medical City that gap will shrink quickly.

I'll bite. No, I don't think a medical school is solely responsible for 3x the endowment and/or research expenditures. If it does, you guys are morons for not opening one sooner. We'll see how much the gap actually shrinks.

You must not know what a big deal opening a medical school is. I think there has been 2 opened at a major university in the past 50 years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Major P5 programs like UF, UM, and USC want him, but USF with all of their prestigious zero conference championships and zero end of season rankings didn't want him.

OK.

Are you really that unfamiliar with the recruiting process? Every school doesn't go after every prospect, even the highly rated ones. Checked a couple of sites and didn't see where we offered him. Not proof positive we didn't but no evidence I saw that we did ... but if it makes you feel better to think we did, go for it ...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

UCF on the same level academically? They're a degree mill.

There's a reason we have more grad students (despite being smaller) and 3x the endowment / research expenditures (... despite being smaller). Get your head out your ass if you think UCF is on a level playing field with us academically. They compare more favorably to FAU and FIU.

16 year old's SAT scores may be negligibly better for UCF, however the research money institutions POUR into USF isn't even close. What's more indicative of academic success?

Really, you don't think the endowment has more to do with having a medical school for so long compared to UCF?  Truth is, with UCF's Medical City that gap will shrink quickly.

I'll bite. No, I don't think a medical school is solely responsible for 3x the endowment and/or research expenditures. If it does, you guys are morons for not opening one sooner. We'll see how much the gap actually shrinks.

You must not know what a big deal opening a medical school is. I think there has been 2 opened at a major university in the past 50 years.

Opening a medical school is a big deal

However UCF's (at least some/most the delusional ones that post here) think that once UCF opens, USF's endowment (related to medical) will suddenly stagnate or decline while UCF's will suddenly explode.

That's not the case.  Yes UCF will get a nice bump in endowment but it wont be a sudden huge explosion (matching or coming close to what USF has.) Increased endowments come over time.

And USF will continue increasing theirs, given their entrenched research history/goals.  And continuing/future expansion will lead to future endowment growth (there's a reason why USF is happily building an urban medical campus)