• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt - University of Houston??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So he wasn't on SMU's list?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

If I were Leavitt, I would take the job right away and destroy the conference, rub it in our dumb administrators faces.

This

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If I were Leavitt I wouldn't be so petty as to allow grudges drive my career decisions.....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I read somewhere that the Houston AD or Prez is from USF. That's why they are looking at the Jim. Looking for a link to make it official.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I read somewhere that the Houston AD or Prez is from USF. That's why they are looking at the Jim. Looking for a link to make it official.

Renu Khator used to be provost at USF and is now President at UH.  Thought she was buddies with Genshaft so I'd be surprised if it happened.

They just fired someone whose conference record was just like Leavitt's, it wasn't good enough. As for recruiting in Texas, that is a main reason SMU hired their new coach, his north Texas connections. Yeah, lots of talent, but tons of competition for it.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Renu Khator used to be provost at USF and is now President at UH. Thought she was buddies with Genshaft so I'd be surprised if it happened.

What's worse, making decisions based on a grudge as a coach or a president?

Renu Khator used to be provost at USF and is now President at UH. Thought she was buddies with Genshaft so I'd be surprised if it happened.

Not sure if it's a thing or not, but I was at Khator's house for her going away party and the Shaft was not in attendance.

Grudge? How about seeing first hand how he interfered with a previous employer's investigation. That and the ensuing lawsuit probably a major reason he hasn't coached in college for half a decade.

Grudge? How about seeing first hand how he interfered with a previous employer's investigation. That and the ensuing lawsuit probably a major reason he hasn't coached in college for half a decade.

Except she didn't see it first hand.