• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF = back-to-back American Football Champs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

It's amazing seeing how bad your team is. Slow and dumb like the USF team I have been forced to watch the past couple years. It's okay you don't know any better.

If slow and dumb wins championship(s) (a foreign concept around here) then I'm all for it.

Slow dumb teams require luck and circumstance to get things like that vs on field skill. Or of course playing in a dead conference helps to.

Has UCF had luck? Yes.

Has UCF had circumstance? Yes.

So do most teams that have won conference titles.

The skill that UCF has along with luck and circumstance has resulted in conference titles. Again, USF has won never won a conference title. Has never finished a season ranked. Never went to a BCS bowl. Etc.

So while your argument about a multiple time conference champion being lucky is somewhat true, it's not the argument I'd make if my school had a trophy case that looked like this:

Hey, you are proud of your accomplishments, but you have no frame of reference as you were not competing at the highest level. You fell lucky last year in that you played in a conference with a BCS berth and no BCS teams in it. You even beat a decent team in Baylor. Great. Still, it's just not the same thing and you will never understand why as you are lost in the relativism of your mediocrity. Deal with it. We suck, you are mediocre, the scoreboards don't lie. We are at the bottom of a black hole, you are not too much ahead. In the past we were light years ahead. The pendulum will swing again, perhaps draw you back deeper near us where you belong.
So goes the extremely obvious and convenient reasoning that helps you rationalize your black hole.

We finished last season ranked #10 while recruiting as a CUSA tteam. We would have neat pitt, cuse, WVU last year so give me a break. You would think the Big East was the SEC the way you talk..another convenient argument. You had the benefit of BCS recruiting and low academic/character standards and you couldn't win your conference in 10 years.

It is obvious that you are bitter. UCF has accomplished plenty no matter how much you spin in your black hole...don't try to drag us into your convenient argument.

Edited by jdbash
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60

USF sucks. We were sent back down to the minor leagues with you. But we do have a few years of relative success against meaningful competition. That's more than can be said for you.

No you didnt. You beat a few Florida teams at their very worst, auburn and wvu...what was the best you did in the vaunted big east?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF sucks. We were sent back down to the minor leagues with you. But we do have a few years of relative success against meaningful competition. That's more than can be said for you.

No you didnt. You beat a few Florida teams at their very worst, auburn and wvu...what was the best you did in the vaunted big east?

WTF do you call WVU?  Would beating them the year they were a Backyard Brawl (let me know if you're not sure what that is) win away from the national championship game count?

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

UCF's resume is light.  They are sensitive about it.  We beat the crap out of them and their (now our) conference mates during the same period of time.  They are delusional as usual.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98

UCF's resume is light.  They are sensitive about it.  We beat the crap out of them and their (now our) conference mates during the same period of time.  They are delusional as usual.

Again, if our resume is light, what is USF's?!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Again, if our resume is light, what is USF's?!

Bwhaha...  That's a joke right?  Same as USF's current.  Cupcake laden.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

WTF do you call WVU?  Would beating them the year they were a Backyard Brawl (let me know if you're not sure what that is) win away from the national championship game count?

Or a 'ville team that was top 10? BE wasn't just full of cupcakes, but then since you were never there I wouldn't expect you to know.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Note to UCF fans:  if you're going to ask a question trying to deride USF and rile up Bulls fans, it's best to already know the answer so you don't look even more pathetic than you already are. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

UCF was literally handed this Championship on a silver platter by the AAC by giving them such a cupcake schedule. And even then they did whatever they could to screw it up (UConn, last minute BS wins), but still came up on top. UCF would have had to try to NOT win it all this season.

Lmao at this guy. ECU isn't exactly easy at home and we let that game slip away and still found a way to win. We lost 2 juniors at two of the most important positions on the field to the nfl and a few seniors to nfl.

After all that we still reloaded and win a share which is easier said than done.

Next year we lose a few key pieces of defense including 2 very good safeties and 1 very good linebacker but we recruited deep at both those positions and Holman will get accuracy, touch and mechanics work in the offseason. We will be on track to threepeat...I guess it is easy for us;)

LOL at you for having nothing better to do than just come to our boards and gloat. And if you think that UCF did not have a cupcake schedule this year then you are absolutely delusional. Let's take a look at your wins shall we?

Bethune Cookman - Bravo

BYU - Cograts, you beat a team that was utterly crippled one weak earlier by one touchdown

Houston - One of TWO of the decent AAC teams you faced, and it took you a last second miracle of a bad case of butterfingers to win

Tulsa - bravo

Temple - bravo

Tulane - bravo

SMU - barely even counts

USF - bravo

ECU - the only other decent AAC team you played and once again, you didn't win. They lost.

UConn - oh, wait....

Must've been nice to been scheduled only the bottom feeders and a couple mediocre teams on a mediocre conference. But hey, whatever makes you and your classy knights feel better

Oh poor baby..a small smart comment about three-peat..give me a break. I am not over here talking down your program and have many usf grad friends. I have cracked a few jokes about taggart..that's it. You think what you will about recruiting. .frankly you don't know what you are talking about. I watch tape and look at offers. You also have to consider how a player fits in you specific system and how you are addressing needs. Is your class uneven, etc. What good is your nfl receiver when you can't throw it to him?

I am not going to get in a long winded debate about an overall class rating. We had 18-19 spots and we got some really outstanding players. I have been following this a long time. Yes, I watched the high school tape of your very own JPP, then rated a 2 star. You watch the tape, you watch who is coming hard at them , if they aren't being pursued why not. I know who your top recruits are, fsu, miami, fla. Don't try to compare recruiting from when ucf was in the mac and cusa. Those days are long gone. And just a note...we recruit georgia, alabama, florida, texas, penn, ny , nj, la. Those are our states. South Georgia, alabama and Louisiana play some dang good football. We are very, very happy with 2014 class including Tyler harris.

I wasn't comparing recruiting at all......you went off on some random tangent with what I think was meant for another poster

The point I am making is that the wins UCF had this season were not very impressive. And yet the fan base seems to still think they are some national powerhouse, and acts accordingly. The only two wins against decent teams came by the very skin of your teeth. I tried to congratulate some of them on FB and was pretty much spat in the face, so forgive me for clumping you all together as classless fans when that's the majority of what I've seen.

Now don't get me wrong, if you guys get put up against a decent P5 and win (especially handily) I'll be the first to congratulate and say I was wrong. Anyway, After the conference split is done we'll both have to worry about Cincy (or neither of us on the off chance these realignment rumors are true) and well both get to play Temple so Im interested to see how that goes

Nobodies chastising you for making a few jokes about Taggart, there's very few if any people on here who haven't. As far as "not talking down" the program I've only been on the board for a short time yet from what I've seen that's a little hard to believe. However, I have seen you post some reasonable things in the past and even posted in your favor before so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Good post. I dont think UCF fans think UCF is a powerhouse, but back to back conference champs and losing only 1 game in conference in two years is still impressive. We compete in the conference we are in and that is the goal every season. I am sure some ucf fans are just trying to rub it in. For the record, USF fans were far, far, far worse to our program in the years we played in CUSA. I can't tell you how many of your fans belittled our program all year in every way imaginable..constantly.

Revenge is a dish best served cold and UCF fans are being pretty easy on USF fans all considered.

Do you realize almost each time USF fans belittled UCF is because they would poke a stick in our back and just pissed us off...we didn't and pretty much still dont even bother running over to your side of the fence...you nutjobs would always run over and start crap...let me provide a classic example...when USF handed UCF their worst loss (point spread)  What reaaaallly upset the players were the fans...yes your crazy fan base really motivated that curb stomping...Grothe specifically cited your fan base as the primary motivation for their anger...so give yourselves a great big pat on the back for being instrumental in having your rival hand you your biggest loss in your programs history...