• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans from UCF fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Our recruiting class was head and shoulders better than yours. Thank god for us that O'Leary can't recruit or we would've lost by 100 last year and would lose by 85 this year to you guys. The majority of our "big gets" from that class are red shirting. 

Did you read this part aloud before posting it?  It makes no sense.  

Are you serious......? He said we pumped our chest that our recruiting class was head and shoulders better than UCFs. 

I said that IT WAS.

I also thanked God that O'leary is not a good recruiter, because if he was a good recruiter we would've lost last year by 100, and would lose this year by 85. This implies we had the worst team we've ever had last year and would've gotten crushed had O'leary been a good recruiter. It also implies we've gotten a little bit better one year later and would still get crushed this year, but not as bad as last year, if O'leary was a good recruiter. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Sir Cornhole will get gored by Rocky D. Bull. That is all. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

But then you said that your good recruits are redshirting - so I'm not sure how they affected the game last year or even this year.  I digress...also - an while I know this will be chalked up to UCF bias - I have to wonder how many 10+ seasons George has to put together before one considers the value of recruiting stars in all of this.  

How will you "still get crushed this year, but not as bad as last year"  We didn't crush you last year?

I said the majority of our big gets from last year's class are redshirting. Did you not read what I said? How is this so hard to understand?

A lot of our top recruits, from our recruiting class last year (as in the class that would be true freshman this year) are redshirting. So no, they would have no affect on the game LAST YEAR. I never said they did. I never said it would affect this year's game. I was responding to the original poster's statement about USF fans pumping their chest about our recruiting class being better than ucfs. 

I'll agree with you. Stars are overrated when talking about recruiting, but at the same time they aren't. There are kids out there rated 3/4/5 stars for a reason. There are kids out there unrated, rated 1 star, or 2 stars for a reason. It works both ways. ucf has put up 10+ win seasons in a bottom conference in college football. One of those 10 win seasons you didn't have 1 win against a team with a winning record. You don't exactly have to light the world on fire in recruiting when your schedule is cupcakes. Not saying that's UCF's fault (schedule), just putting it into perspective. 

I'll try this one more time.. try and read (maybe slower this time?). I was speaking hypothetically (IF O'LEARY WAS A GOOD RECRUITER).

I never said we would still get crushed this year. I said: IF George O'leary was a GOOD RECRUITER (This means I do not think he is a good recruiter, I am not saying he's bad, maybe he's mediocre, but I don't see how you can sit here and talk up his recruiting coming off of a BCS win you had the 74th rated class) ucf would have absolutely DEMOLISHED USF last season. I'll break this down for you a bit further....

IF O'leary was a good recruiter, he would have had a very good - great recruiting class after every 10 win season which you've had quite a few of in the recent past. BUT he has not had that. If he had those very good - great recruiting classes in the recent past your team would've been even better than it was last year and not just been the Blake Bortles show. You had a pretty good D I'll give you that, but without Bortles you probably lose 4 or 5 games last year.

In my post I said we would have (Not we did, would have) lost by 100 points (I was exaggerating). IF George O'leary was a good recruiter instead of losing by 100 like we could have last year (IF O'Leary was a good recruiter) because USF has improved a little bit this year we would lose by 85 points this year (Exaggeration). Point being IF GEORGE O'LEARY was a good recruiter, USF would have gotten embarrassed last year, and would get close to just as embarrassed this year. Make sense?

Coming off of what, three 10+ win seasons in the last 5 years and you beat us by 3 at home when we had our worst team we've ever had? With that kind of success a good recruiter is absolutely killing it in regards to the type of talent you're bringing in.  Because O'leary is not "killing it" in regards to recruiting, like I said in my earlier post, I am THANKFUL. Because he's not a great recruiter you escaped with a 3 point win at home just like you escaped a handful of other games against god awful teams last year. 

Hope this helps..?

Edited by USFbulls24

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

If your school is so good at recruiting, why are your best recruits redshirting?? GOL has put a lot of really good players in the NFL that were very lightly recruited. Blake Bortles, Latavius Murray, Kehmal Ishmael, Bruce Miller, Josh Sitton.              

USF's best NFL player ever JPP was a UCF commit whom couldn't get the grades to get in UCF.

Your team hasn't been in a bowl game in years yet UCF continues to win.

One would think by this that USF SUCKS at recruiting. Haha

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

If your school is so good at recruiting, why are your best recruits redshirting?? GOL has put a lot of really good players in the NFL that were very lightly recruited. Blake Bortles, Latavius Murray, Kehmal Ishmael, Bruce Miller, Josh Sitton.              

USF's best NFL player ever JPP was a UCF commit whom couldn't get the grades to get in UCF.

Your team hasn't been in a bowl game in years yet UCF continues to win.

One would think by this that USF SUCKS at recruiting. Haha

Can't cure stupid .... and your reappearance here just reinforces that.