• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

OCS News Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^  lmao 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

Can we make it a rule that if you provide your opinion on an OCS you disclose your experience at college games on campuses?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What is that? Looks like a dude mashed his junk into a pin art toy.

Fark, that would hurt.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

If we have any luck Ray Jay kicks us out or doesnt renew the contract.

Or the Bucs depart for Berlin.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

People keep talking about getting alums back on campus. A significant number of alums attended satellite campuses which seems to be overlooked. My only visits to the main campus were to the library and book store, my classes were in Sarasota and St. Pete.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

The stadium is all about get alums back on campus. Some of my friends go back now and can't believe how nice it looks compared to 90s / early 2000s.

So did those visits result in them buying season tickets, and becoming Bulls Club donors or increasing their donations?

Was going to ask the same thing.  So they like how the campus now looks?  Are they sending any/more money?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,139
  • Days Won:  2

Respectfully, I think being an alum is the difference in opinion. I love being back on campus.

What do you love about being back on campus? How often do you walk around the campus? How has that affected your contributions to athletics? To which sports are you a season ticket holder?

I love being on campus because I have pride in my alma mater. I am still in awe of the athletic facility upgrades compared to what they were 5-10-15 years ago. I had the opportunity to work on campus last year when I did walk around a lot, and enjoyed seeing the new ISA and top notch Music buildings. I enjoy going to the fishbowl and teco buildings where I spent countless 3-4am & all-nighters torturing myself studying. I always worked full-time while I was in school to live and cover tuition, and being back in those places reminds me of how far I have come. I still live in the area, and quite frequently make detours to drive through campus. It's really not practical to walk around because of the parking Nazi's. I have season tickets to football only. I have considered basketball, but I am away for a large part of basketball season. I don't even like basketball, except for when the Bulls play. I do make it to a handful of games a year though. I am admittedly not a bulls club member, because at this stage in my life I have much bigger needs for the money, but I have spent time and money to give back. I was predominantly responsible for the $20k donation last year with the mascot challenge by using Amazon aws to drop over 50 million votes. Others did help, but their methods were neutralized when capital one changed their vote throttling methods. It would be very easy to just my diplomas and not look back, but those years were some of my favorites. Being back on campus helps me to put where I am in life into perspective, and motivates me to keep pushing. As far as an OCS is concerned, it is a shrine to the school. It is a place where history is made and traditions are kept. Where kids that played while you were in school have their jerseys retired, not just some soulless nfl millionaire. Where that coach that put your program on the map is honored with a named dedication. Where you take your kids to make new memories on Saturday with pictures in front of iconic statues. Let's be honest, outside of academics, football brings the most national attention to a school. I am not saying that an ocs is the key to fixing attendance issues, winning is the only cute for that, but like I said before, an ocs turns a football game into a homecoming event. It is an landmark monument that helps recruit the next generation, that helps market the school. I'll admit that my dream school growing up was fsu, and I was in awe on my first trip to doak campbell. My trip in 09 was my favorite though. I hope that answered your questions. Are you an alumnus?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Alumni back to campus.

The bulk of our alumni are resident within EASY driving distance of the stadium and campus, yet the stadium remains unfilled and season ticket sales are what they are. For those of us resident in Tampa, "back to campus" is not a big deal. All it takes is one basketball game or baseball game and we're up to date. Maybe if you live in some other state and your one shot at hopping a flight to catch a Bulls game is homecoming weekend, maybe then it becomes a big deal. But I just don't see the pent up demand from alumni to get 'back to campus'.

And as was pointed out earlier, when a majority of us attended USF it was "Drive Thru U". Treat it like a job: show up, pay for classes, graduate and move on. For some people college is the high-water mark of life experiences. But for a lot of us, there isn't a real love affair these many years later. And I think that that shows up given the attendance at USF games. We have sufficient upright and breathing bodies in the surrounding area to fill that stadium. And if, indeed, there were some sense of obligation - just because you're an alum - to show up, the stadium would be filled. It is not filled with sense-of-duty alumni.

I've been to enough away games to observe the 'game day experience' on campus. It is different than what we have, but I don't believe that the on-campus stadium is a siren song for alumni to park the car and part with cash.  Maybe at schools rich in tradition that may be the case, but right now...that's not how I would describe our program. Maybe a couple of generations down the road, that will be the case. 

In accordance with the 'new rule request': On Campus Games: East Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina, FSU, UCF, Wake Forest, Wingate, UNCC & Appalachian State are campuses I've visited (usually there a day or so before to poke around the school, then attend the game).

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Respectfully, I think being an alum is the difference in opinion. I love being back on campus.

What do you love about being back on campus? How often do you walk around the campus? How has that affected your contributions to athletics? To which sports are you a season ticket holder?
I love being on campus because I have pride in my alma mater. I am still in awe of the athletic facility upgrades compared to what they were 5-10-15 years ago. I had the opportunity to work on campus last year when I did walk around a lot, and enjoyed seeing the new ISA and top notch Music buildings. I enjoy going to the fishbowl and teco buildings where I spent countless 3-4am & all-nighters torturing myself studying. I always worked full-time while I was in school to live and cover tuition, and being back in those places reminds me of how far I have come. I still live in the area, and quite frequently make detours to drive through campus. It's really not practical to walk around because of the parking Nazi's. I have season tickets to football only. I have considered basketball, but I am away for a large part of basketball season. I don't even like basketball, except for when the Bulls play. I do make it to a handful of games a year though. I am admittedly not a bulls club member, because at this stage in my life I have much bigger needs for the money, but I have spent time and money to give back. I was predominantly responsible for the $20k donation last year with the mascot challenge by using Amazon aws to drop over 50 million votes. Others did help, but their methods were neutralized when capital one changed their vote throttling methods. It would be very easy to just my diplomas and not look back, but those years were some of my favorites. Being back on campus helps me to put where I am in life into perspective, and motivates me to keep pushing. As far as an OCS is concerned, it is a shrine to the school. It is a place where history is made and traditions are kept. Where kids that played while you were in school have their jerseys retired, not just some soulless nfl millionaire. Where that coach that put your program on the map is honored with a named dedication. Where you take your kids to make new memories on Saturday with pictures in front of iconic statues. Let's be honest, outside of academics, football brings the most national attention to a school. I am not saying that an ocs is the key to fixing attendance issues, winning is the only cute for that, but like I said before, an ocs turns a football game into a homecoming event. It is an landmark monument that helps recruit the next generation, that helps market the school. I'll admit that my dream school growing up was fsu, and I was in awe on my first trip to doak campbell. My trip in 09 was my favorite though. I hope that answered your questions. Are you an alumnus?

+1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Doesn't matter until someone in athletics says we are starting a fund raiser for an OCS.