• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS News Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

What do the players prefer?  My guess is grass...a little easier on the body, plus I think you get better traction with grass. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we had an OCS, do you think they'd use artificial turf on it? I see that a lot up north, but have even seen some stadiums that can grow perfectly good grass go to turf. I wonder if it's because that newer sport turf or whatever is consistent throughout a season versus a field that gets torn up from all the games (and possibly high school games or other events on the field?). I would hope we'd keep grass.

Traditionally, from a cost perspective, it's been said that turf is more expensive to install, but cheaper to maintain. But it all depends on how ell you maintain both. Good article here.

http://www.citylimits.org/news/articles/4160/costs-and-benefits#.VEZeeRbivDc

It probably comes down, in the end, to how much it gets used and what surface they think gives them a better chance for victories...

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

OOPS!  $260 Million!!!!

Just for discussion sake.  At $5,000/donation that works out to 52,000 seats.  Couple of things.  IF, and I say IF you could find enough people to donate, where do the students sit?  Now looking at a 60k, or bigger, seat stadium.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

OOPS!  $260 Million!!!!

Just for discussion sake.  At $5,000/donation that works out to 52,000 seats.  Couple of things.  IF, and I say IF you could find enough people to donate, where do the students sit?  Now looking at a 60k, or bigger, seat stadium.

I have 9 seats. No chance at all that I could afford a $45,000.00 "License". Hell, I would have a hard time with $10,000.00 just for me and my wife. 

Maybe take that $5g/seat license and apply it over time, maybe like pre-payment of your donation. An upfront, interest free loan...

We would probably go in for the $10g, but never $45g.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

one time student athletic fee of $6500....problem solved :stirpot:

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

People keep talking about getting alums back on campus. A significant number of alums attended satellite campuses which seems to be overlooked. My only visits to the main campus were to the library and book store, my classes were in Sarasota and St. Pete.

Well... You can visit the mothership and be proud? I dont know :P

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

A stadium is not far fetched... they just got Muma to cough up $25 million to slap his name on the side of a building that is already built.

They just need a donor to cough up the same amount or a bit more... lets say $30 million to start a fund, and then the USF Foundation office can issue bonds to the USF Athletics Dept. to borrow money with the understanding that it would be paid back + a fixed interest rate. SEC schools do this exact thing all the time to fund renovations and expansions of their stadiums. LSU for example just did the exact thing to fund the renovation of the East Stands of Tiger Stadium... got a bunch of bonds from their Foundation office.

Once construction begins Athletics can begin selling season tickets and playing around with donor levels to raise more money... heck they can begin booking concerts and other events as well to raise money, sell naming rights, etc.

Don't forget all that parking money... it adds up.

USF has over $621 million in its Foundation coffers right now, not counting that Muma contribution. So USF has right now enough money to fund a new stadium 10 times over.

Done deal... issue the bonds and call it a day.

Edited by Bane

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Concessions, luxury boxes, naming rights, concert events, they all bring in revenue.   Here' s an interesting thing I found on UF's football income from 2009 -   http://businessofcollegesports.com/tag/university-of-florida/

I don't know if we have any available government matching fund programs or not, but that could help tremendously.    

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

OOPS!  $260 Million!!!!

I have 9 seats. No chance at all that I could afford a $45,000.00 "License". Hell, I would have a hard time with $10,000.00 just for me and my wife. 

Maybe take that $5g/seat license and apply it over time, maybe like pre-payment of your donation. An upfront, interest free loan...

We would probably go in for the $10g, but never $45g.

Dear BDZYR,

Thanks for your past patronage.  We are sorry you will not be watching Bulls football in the new stadium  Home games will be available on the Bulls Network with a Season Pass ($500), and USFN Decoder Box ($100 annual rental).

Again, Thanks for your past loyalty,

USF OCS Task Force.

Go Bulls!!

$600/yr vs What I pay now... I'm good with that. Ya'll have yourselves a real fine time now...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

USF needs to set up naming rights for the Sun Dome...

before funding an OCS.