• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

There's no doubt we had to play a near perfect game to beat a team like wisconsin...but we also needed a near perfect officiating to even have any kind of a chance. And officiating was not even close to being satisfactory.

Those controversial calls and non calls are drive killers and destroy any kind of momentum that we might have going our way. We definitely shot ourselves in the foot many times, but it seems like in our very short football history that in order for us to win against a more superior opponent we always have to overcome more obstacles.

Edited by Supersurch

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This game would have been over Wisconsin's first possession had the refs swallowed their whistle on the holding call no one saw on Gordon's 55-yard run.

There was a hold on the outside left. They called the wrong number. The dumbassery of complaining they called the wrong number, is that they called the horse collar tackle on number 26. Johnny Ward is number 24

I am watching the replay( couldn't watch live) and I saw the hold but not the horse collar tackle

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698

Definitely not calling a fair game. Block in the back and a couple of jersey grabbing going badgers way.

Shame...its almost like these games are fixed.

Of course you leave out the phantom hold call that negated a 50+ yard run by Gordon. Or the horrendous fair catch call when Doe never signaled fair catch.

Don't blame the refs, they aren't the reason you're losing.

They explained that call. When you signal for others to get away and wave your arms you can't advance the ball.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

This game would have been over Wisconsin's first possession had the refs swallowed their whistle on the holding call no one saw on Gordon's 55-yard run.

There was a hold on the outside left. They called the wrong number. The dumbassery of complaining they called the wrong number, is that they called the horse collar tackle on number 26. Johnny Ward is number 24

I am watching the replay( couldn't watch live) and I saw the hold but not the horse collar tackle

I agree with you there too. I actually thought they were calling facemask on the offense.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

What's not mentioned in the article Bear posted is that he was the ref for "illegal forward propulsion."

"illegal forward propulsion" - three words that make me want to throw up every time I hear them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

@sharpejw: If Wisconsin ever got called for holding, they'd literally never run a play.

Sat next to one of our o-line parents. Pretty much said what you did. That one guy in particular for them held on every play.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403

If the "Illegal Forward Propulsion" call hadn't been called, then the Tampa Bay Bucs wouldn't have had the pleasure of being coached by Shiano.  LOL

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

Wisconsin has had a very good defense under Dave Aranda and continued into this game.  USF had difficulty moving the ball despite a couple instances having very good field position.  The difference between the two teams is being able to make an impact both offensively and defensively.

Complain all you want, but the game wasn't very close statistically... at all.

Give credit to WI for the win, but USF hasn't had an offense in 2+ years so I wouldn't tout the Wisky defense as 85' Bears.  Bet there were a few fans worried at half-time.  See you in 2017 for the rematch unless you bail out.

Guest PCBull14

Wisconsin has had a very good defense under Dave Aranda and continued into this game.  USF had difficulty moving the ball despite a couple instances having very good field position.  The difference between the two teams is being able to make an impact both offensively and defensively.

Complain all you want, but the game wasn't very close statistically... at all.

Take off your Wisconsin glasses. So that call prevented you from doing anything in the first half right? You got punched in the mouth the refs helped bail you out, you owe them a huge paycheck. Thank the gods you play in the sorry Big Ten.

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

@sharpejw: If Wisconsin ever got called for holding, they'd literally never run a play.

Sat next to one of our o-line parents. Pretty much said what you did. That one guy in particular for them held on every play.

That Twitter quote was from our former SID (whatever they call it now), he's now at Arizona