• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to the great (Bench) offense from the spring game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Here is the play I was pretty impressed about with Bench at the spring game.  He felt the pressure at 2 mississippi and he just tries to make **** happen and improvise a bit.  We need him in the game badly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Cousin Ricky has a good question there. It seems like we have digressed to the old offense when Taggart was making the calls last year. Makes me wonder who is running our offense? We were told Taggart would keep his hands out of it this year, but his fingerprints seem to be all over the play calling. Does he want to be the head coach or the QB on the field? He needs to get over this midlife crisis and turn it over to the Coordinators.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Simple answer to what happened to our great spring offense:

They were playing against our D.

Edited by George Jenkins

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

I thought we'd have a "boring" offense this year that grinded out 3.5 yards per play with a lot of two Tight End sets and Fullback lead blocking and stuff.

What exactly is this pathetic offense we run? I've only watched the games live so far and haven't paid attention to formations but it seems like a lot of single back finesse stuff.

Tight End/Fullback should be a major strength of our team especially against crappy AAC teams.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can't even tell you what the hell type of offense we are running.

Wait? We have an offense? 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We do, however it never seems to make it to the field, I think it stays in the locker room and imposters wear the uniforms.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We do, however it never seems to make it to the field, I think it stays in the locker room and imposters wear the uniforms.

Stupid, sneaky offense!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

"It's easy to sum up, you're talking about practice. Not a game, talking about practice."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Taggart was definitely calling the plays while Flowers was in the game.  i couldn't tell you if he was calling them for White earlier. 

A normal person would recognize that his play calling is even worse than that of his OC, and that his choice of QBs is as well.

Quite frankly, unless something changes soon I see Wulff and Reaves bolting after this season if at all possible.  At this point it appears Taggart has backed off of all his promises to them and is making them both look bad by running down the offense.  I hope that Wulff has enough sway and the offense is putrid enough that he can convince Taggart to back off and let he and Reaves run the offense or it will be a very long season.

If Taggart doesn't have time to be in the offensive team meetings, he shouldn't be calling the offensive plays.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Taggart was definitely calling the plays while Flowers was in the game.  i couldn't tell you if he was calling them for White earlier. 

A normal person would recognize that his play calling is even worse than that of his OC, and that his choice of QBs is as well.

Quite frankly, unless something changes soon I see Wulff and Reaves bolting after this season if at all possible.  At this point it appears Taggart has backed off of all his promises to them and is making them both look bad by running down the offense.  I hope that Wulff has enough sway and the offense is putrid enough that he can convince Taggart to back off and let he and Reaves run the offense or it will be a very long season.

If Taggart doesn't have time to be in the offensive team meetings, he shouldn't be calling the offensive plays.

I thought he just stood there and stared, not talking to anybody .... ?